ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

CWU Labour party contribution

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Image

But look what that led to.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by halfull »

fishtank wrote:
halfull wrote:Labour totally wrecked this country!

Alternative?
A serious one preferably.... :cuppa
is this a serious question? & before i answer can i ask what part of the uk you live in as labours devastation of the uk is much worse in some parts than others.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by fishtank »

halfull wrote:
fishtank wrote:
halfull wrote:Labour totally wrecked this country!

Alternative?
A serious one preferably.... :cuppa
is this a serious question?
Of course it is so...what's your alternative?
Which party that has a genuine chance to wield any real power will make any difference to the "devastation" caused by Labour?
Bear in mind the lib-dems have 50 real seats, have been in a real coalition government for 5 years and have had zero influence on Tory policy.

Do you really believe that any real political party would have or will do anything differently?
Labour, Tory, Lib-Dem, Kippers, SNP, Greens...all just different coloured ties mate. :cuppa
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by DB1100 »

arnold cheshire wrote:
DB1100 wrote:The party of the war criminal will not get a penny from me.
they did me and my family proud unlike the torys
I'm so pleased for you,they sent loads of British Soldiers to their deaths with useless equipment on an unnecessary war in Iraq,Afghanistan I can live with but not Iraq
For we were soldiers once,and young
halfull
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 858
Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by halfull »

fishtank wrote:
halfull wrote:
fishtank wrote:
halfull wrote:Labour totally wrecked this country!

Alternative?
A serious one preferably.... :cuppa
is this a serious question?
Of course it is so...what's your alternative?
Which party that has a genuine chance to wield any real power will make any difference to the "devastation" caused by Labour?
Bear in mind the lib-dems have 50 real seats, have been in a real coalition government for 5 years and have had zero influence on Tory policy.

Do you really believe that any real political party would have or will do anything differently?
Labour, Tory, Lib-Dem, Kippers, SNP, Greens...all just different coloured ties mate. :cuppa
yes i agree, labour did such damage nothing & no party will restore the great back into britain. Damage done.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by arnold cheshire »

DB1100 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
DB1100 wrote:The party of the war criminal will not get a penny from me.
they did me and my family proud unlike the torys
I'm so pleased for you,they sent loads of British Soldiers to their deaths with useless equipment on an unnecessary war in Iraq,Afghanistan I can live with but not Iraq
and it took the tories four years to bring them home i dont think there was much difference with afghan or iraq wars both brutal regimes only they used the terroist training camp line in afghan
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by arnold cheshire »

jimmynailsalive wrote:Has everyone received a vote on whether they want to opt-out of contributing to the Labour party?

That'll be a big YES to opt-out from the Red-tories. Party seems to be more right wing than the SNP up here so not a hope I want a penny going Labour's way.
wasnt there a vote for the political fund back in september ?
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by DB1100 »

arnold cheshire wrote:
DB1100 wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
DB1100 wrote:The party of the war criminal will not get a penny from me.
they did me and my family proud unlike the torys
I'm so pleased for you,they sent loads of British Soldiers to their deaths with useless equipment on an unnecessary war in Iraq,Afghanistan I can live with but not Iraq
and it took the tories four years to bring them home i dont think there was much difference with afghan or iraq wars both brutal regimes only they used the terroist training camp line in afghan
No the war in Afghanistan was because of the attack on America,a Nato Country,Iraq was Bush and Blairs ego trip based on a load of Boll*cks about the existence of WMD.
For we were soldiers once,and young
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by mailroyaly »

Can anyone confirm that if I don't send it back, will I be automatically opting in?

The dog ate my form and I definitely wouldn't want to give any money to the labour toffs. :so there
Godric
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 855
Joined: 17 Oct 2009, 12:08
Gender: Male
Location: The Kingdom of Alba

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by Godric »

fishtank wrote:
halfull wrote:Labour totally wrecked this country!

Alternative?
A serious one preferably.... :cuppa

SNP in Scotland
"Vi har haft århundraden av kärlek och tillit till varandra."
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32815
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by POSTMAN »

mailroyaly wrote:Can anyone confirm that if I don't send it back, will I be automatically opting in?

The dog ate my form and I definitely wouldn't want to give any money to the labour toffs. :so there
Form here...
http://www.cwu.org/assets/_files/docume ... letter.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
trythat
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 720
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:36

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by trythat »

mailroyaly wrote:Can anyone confirm that if I don't send it back, will I be automatically opting in?

The dog ate my form and I definitely wouldn't want to give any money to the labour toffs. :so there
I would think it's the default is status quo, you could do what I've just done and goto http://www.cwu.org/labour-link.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and vote online.
mailroyaly
Posts: 129
Joined: 15 Feb 2008, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: over there

Re: CWU Labour party contribution

Post by mailroyaly »

trythat wrote:
mailroyaly wrote:Can anyone confirm that if I don't send it back, will I be automatically opting in?

The dog ate my form and I definitely wouldn't want to give any money to the labour toffs. :so there
I would think it's the default is status quo, you could do what I've just done and goto http://www.cwu.org/labour-link.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and vote online.
cheers trythat, just opted out, much obliged. :nana :nana