ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Ahebban
Posts: 695
Joined: 19 May 2009, 13:41
Gender: Male
Location: Left of ... Left

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by Ahebban »

We had one that had a fictious company name, but an actual 'live' address - took months to get it sorted.
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'

What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
thehulk
Posts: 15
Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 09:48
Gender: Male

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by thehulk »

Can't say to much on here, if you get these letters, give them straight to the manager.
They are special addresses, and are important.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by DB1100 »

A2B wrote:
BexyB9 wrote:Isn't it something to do with mail for a safe house?
That was one of the "stories" i was told, don't think it's true
No,it wouldn't go direct.
For we were soldiers once,and young
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by Justanotherstar »

Had one come through today...no idea what it's all about though.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by dave72 »

thehulk wrote:Can't say to much on here, if you get these letters, give them straight to the manager.
They are special addresses, and are important.
Oh ffs, you can't leave us hanging like this :no no
maninred
Posts: 213
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
Gender: Male
Location: In trouble....again

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by maninred »

dave72 wrote:
thehulk wrote:Can't say to much on here, if you get these letters, give them straight to the manager.
They are special addresses, and are important.
Oh ffs, you can't leave us hanging like this :no no
I explained earlier what happens to them! :crazy:
NewPostieUK
Posts: 2104
Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
Gender: Male
Location: SickAsAChipLand

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by NewPostieUK »

BexyB9 wrote:Isn't it something to do with mail for a safe house?
That's what I was told. Instead of a house name or number it has some kind of code, such as 'COB82'. It's a house (so I was told) that has no mail delivered at all, and is given an alias. A security firm look after all mail and deliveries for the owners who may or may not be a government agency, or a very famous or wealthy person. There is a card with the redirections stating that all mail with this code should be handed in immediately. Only one duty that I know of has this, and I've had two letters over the years when doing that duty.
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by arnold cheshire »

NewPostieUK wrote:
BexyB9 wrote:Isn't it something to do with mail for a safe house?
That's what I was told. Instead of a house name or number it has some kind of code, such as 'COB82'. It's a house (so I was told) that has no mail delivered at all, and is given an alias. A security firm look after all mail and deliveries for the owners who may or may not be a government agency, or a very famous or wealthy person. There is a card with the redirections stating that all mail with this code should be handed in immediately. Only one duty that I know of has this, and I've had two letters over the years when doing that duty.
joke :thumbup
castra
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by castra »

I have one on my frame and over the past few years have had two letters to the fake address. The second one was part of a scattergun maildrop to every address in the area from a local estate agent who was punting for business.

That surely kills the theory of it being a safe house? Hopefully no local business would know its whereabouts? :shock: Rather defeats the purpose.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

castra wrote:I have one on my frame and over the past few years have had two letters to the fake address. The second one was part of a scattergun maildrop to every address in the area from a local estate agent who was punting for business.

That surely kills the theory of it being a safe house? Hopefully no local business would know its whereabouts? :shock: Rather defeats the purpose.
By the fact that they sent a letter to a fake address means that they don't know where it is, they've probably just lifted it from the Postcode database.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
PHGandmore
Posts: 14
Joined: 24 May 2014, 20:38
Gender: Male
Location: Delivery Office

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by PHGandmore »

This I quite awkward as I know what these are. After handing them to my manager he asks me to send them special delivery to a 'certain address' which I certainly won't repeat.
Really aren't going to,say on here what they are but some of you have nearly guessed.
DGP1
Posts: 15551
Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
Gender: Male
Location: Terminus

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by DGP1 »

PHGandmore wrote:This I quite awkward as I know what these are. After handing them to my manager he asks me to send them special delivery to a 'certain address' which I certainly won't repeat.
Really aren't going to,say on here what they are but some of you have nearly guessed.
Is it my Red Room of Pain?? :nervous
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32815
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by POSTMAN »

If this is sensitive data ect,does this thread need to be deleted?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
castra
Posts: 23
Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
Gender: Male

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by castra »

Image
Soulazydll
Posts: 34
Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
Gender: Male

Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!

Post by Soulazydll »

Do we 'presume' we would be told about these if we had them? Because I've never heard of it before and would instantly return any type of letter as no such address