ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
-
Ahebban
- Posts: 695
- Joined: 19 May 2009, 13:41
- Gender: Male
- Location: Left of ... Left
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
We had one that had a fictious company name, but an actual 'live' address - took months to get it sorted.
Ahebban - anglo-saxon in origin - meaning 'Wages War'
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight, what counts is the size of the fight in the dog. - Mark Twain
-
thehulk
- Posts: 15
- Joined: 27 Jan 2013, 09:48
- Gender: Male
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
Can't say to much on here, if you get these letters, give them straight to the manager.
They are special addresses, and are important.
They are special addresses, and are important.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
No,it wouldn't go direct.A2B wrote:That was one of the "stories" i was told, don't think it's trueBexyB9 wrote:Isn't it something to do with mail for a safe house?
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
Had one come through today...no idea what it's all about though.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
Oh ffs, you can't leave us hanging like thisthehulk wrote:Can't say to much on here, if you get these letters, give them straight to the manager.
They are special addresses, and are important.
-
maninred
- Posts: 213
- Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 20:11
- Gender: Male
- Location: In trouble....again
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
I explained earlier what happens to them!dave72 wrote:Oh ffs, you can't leave us hanging like thisthehulk wrote:Can't say to much on here, if you get these letters, give them straight to the manager.
They are special addresses, and are important.
-
NewPostieUK
- Posts: 2104
- Joined: 06 Jan 2008, 21:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: SickAsAChipLand
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
That's what I was told. Instead of a house name or number it has some kind of code, such as 'COB82'. It's a house (so I was told) that has no mail delivered at all, and is given an alias. A security firm look after all mail and deliveries for the owners who may or may not be a government agency, or a very famous or wealthy person. There is a card with the redirections stating that all mail with this code should be handed in immediately. Only one duty that I know of has this, and I've had two letters over the years when doing that duty.BexyB9 wrote:Isn't it something to do with mail for a safe house?
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
jokeNewPostieUK wrote:That's what I was told. Instead of a house name or number it has some kind of code, such as 'COB82'. It's a house (so I was told) that has no mail delivered at all, and is given an alias. A security firm look after all mail and deliveries for the owners who may or may not be a government agency, or a very famous or wealthy person. There is a card with the redirections stating that all mail with this code should be handed in immediately. Only one duty that I know of has this, and I've had two letters over the years when doing that duty.BexyB9 wrote:Isn't it something to do with mail for a safe house?
-
castra
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
- Gender: Male
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
I have one on my frame and over the past few years have had two letters to the fake address. The second one was part of a scattergun maildrop to every address in the area from a local estate agent who was punting for business.
That surely kills the theory of it being a safe house? Hopefully no local business would know its whereabouts?
Rather defeats the purpose.
That surely kills the theory of it being a safe house? Hopefully no local business would know its whereabouts?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
By the fact that they sent a letter to a fake address means that they don't know where it is, they've probably just lifted it from the Postcode database.castra wrote:I have one on my frame and over the past few years have had two letters to the fake address. The second one was part of a scattergun maildrop to every address in the area from a local estate agent who was punting for business.
That surely kills the theory of it being a safe house? Hopefully no local business would know its whereabouts?Rather defeats the purpose.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
PHGandmore
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 24 May 2014, 20:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Delivery Office
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
This I quite awkward as I know what these are. After handing them to my manager he asks me to send them special delivery to a 'certain address' which I certainly won't repeat.
Really aren't going to,say on here what they are but some of you have nearly guessed.
Really aren't going to,say on here what they are but some of you have nearly guessed.
-
DGP1
- Posts: 15551
- Joined: 07 Jun 2007, 20:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: Terminus
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
Is it my Red Room of Pain??PHGandmore wrote:This I quite awkward as I know what these are. After handing them to my manager he asks me to send them special delivery to a 'certain address' which I certainly won't repeat.
Really aren't going to,say on here what they are but some of you have nearly guessed.
I'm preparing myself for the zombie invasion, rule number 1 - Cardio
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32815
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
If this is sensitive data ect,does this thread need to be deleted?
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
castra
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 05 Oct 2012, 11:31
- Gender: Male
-
Soulazydll
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 09 Jan 2012, 11:28
- Gender: Male
Re: Fake mail that has to be handed in asap!!!!
Do we 'presume' we would be told about these if we had them? Because I've never heard of it before and would instantly return any type of letter as no such address
