ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Finding letters in your bag

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BarnsleyLackey
Posts: 349
Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
Gender: Male

Re: Finding letters in your bag

Post by BarnsleyLackey »

Everyone should go back and sign out.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Finding letters in your bag

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Simple Answer Jimmy.... Bung them in the letter box with gone away written on them. That's what would have happened if Joe Public hadn't collared you (I ALWAYS Refuse to take Deads off Punters.

Management Answer....You're in the shite...You Delayed the mail...Took it home and could be sacked. :shock:

Personally I think Mail Boxes are Brilliant pieces of kit. You put stuff in them, with an address on, and they get delivered there! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
matthew68
Posts: 518
Joined: 16 Feb 2011, 22:10
Gender: Male

Re: Finding letters in your bag

Post by matthew68 »

Loads of people finish before there time at our place mainly ft but then pt claim for being late!
jimmynailsalive
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 305
Joined: 28 Dec 2013, 13:36
Gender: Male

Re: Finding letters in your bag

Post by jimmynailsalive »

scoobydo79 wrote:Cmon Guys the delivery pouches belong at work or on Your delivery.Not in Your hall or car boot!!!
I've always taken my bag home, when I finished today I took out my waterproof, windproof and nylon trousers and tossed them into the back of the van for tomorrow, took in returned packets, emptied elastic bands out and any spoilt 739's and plumped my own bag which has water bottle, piece box, plasters, hat and gloves, pee bottle and sometimes has spikes, change of socks and trainers into the red delivery bag and out I wandered to the car.

That's the way I've done it since day 1 and probably always will, don't understand anyone who comes to work unprepared with most of the above kit. :crazy: