ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
rules for taking van home
-
tansorboy
- Posts: 355
- Joined: 22 Jan 2012, 12:41
- Gender: Male
Re: rules for taking van home
Is there still a six mile limit?
-
paulf0203
- Posts: 121
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 09:58
- Gender: Male
Re: rules for taking van home
What prompted this initiative? is there no room for the vans at your office?seaside wrote:At our office we have been told we can take the van home with us, what are the rules for this.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: rules for taking van home
There was never a national one. The only limit applied in the agreements wastansorboy wrote:Is there still a six mile limit?
But your local office may have applied a limit when identifying potential volunteers.5. Where “home to start / end of work” mileage is significantly greater than the typical working mileage of a vehicle each day, Regional Fleet & Asset Managers (or equivalent) should consider viability under the scheme and directly confirm their agreement for each case
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
mrbungle
- Posts: 23
- Joined: 04 Mar 2010, 13:32
- Gender: Male
Re: rules for taking van home
Our office have had to take over half a local public car park to make room for the extra vans, yet still I was told that unless it was parked off the public road at night they weren't interested. Bonkers.paulf0203 wrote:What prompted this initiative? is there no room for the vans at your office?seaside wrote:At our office we have been told we can take the van home with us, what are the rules for this.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: rules for taking van home
I take the van home every day and have done for months and no one has ever assessed or asked where I park the van.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: rules for taking van home
They don't always tell you they check, I was surprised when I found out a few weeks after they had checkedBarbel wrote:I take the van home every day and have done for months and no one has ever assessed or asked where I park the van.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: rules for taking van home
- a bit behind with the authorising paperwork then.Barbel wrote:I take the van home every day and have done for months and no one has ever assessed or asked where I park the van.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: rules for taking van home
Ah right, well I've got nothing to worry about as it's parked on my driveway off the main road.dave72 wrote:They don't always tell you they check, I was surprised when I found out a few weeks after they had checkedBarbel wrote:I take the van home every day and have done for months and no one has ever assessed or asked where I park the van.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: rules for taking van home
Barbel wrote:Ah right, well I've got nothing to worry about as it's parked on my driveway off the main road.
If you haven't read and signed the overnight retention policy and provided the relevant paperwork you don't have official permission to take it home, that permission has to come from DSM level or above.
If something goes wrong it's either your head or your manager's....who do you think it will be?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
sjnb6
- Posts: 92
- Joined: 16 May 2013, 21:49
- Gender: Male
Re: rules for taking van home
At the moment my dim tells me to collect the van from one office and drive it to my office. Then take out back when I've finished my time. It saves me my fuel. It's about a 40 minute round trip
-
dickhead
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 18 Jan 2019, 18:50
- Gender: Male
rules for taking van home
You should ask your employees to bring in proof that their house deeds allow them to bring their vans home and can park them there I know for a fact that my neighbor is not allowed too but does.
-
leolion855
- Posts: 641
- Joined: 11 Jun 2018, 17:41
- Gender: Male
rules for taking van home
do you live in a new build area?dickhead wrote:You should ask your employees to bring in proof that their house deeds allow them to bring their vans home and can park them there I know for a fact that my neighbor is not allowed too but does.