I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husbandLincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Billy Hayes VR package
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
well I wish I could get out,,,,but I've been told not to wish my life away. it'll come soon enough I suppose but it shows how much the job has went down the pan when staff are wishing they were out of it.Lincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
Might the good lady wife be a postlady, coping better than you with the demands of van sharing etc. ?dvbuk55 wrote:I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husbandLincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go
The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work
Hope you have a good retirement L.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
No LL she has never worked for RM mainly NHS so she can look after me when I get oldLounge Lizard wrote:Might the good lady wife be a postlady, coping better than you with the demands of van sharing etc. ?dvbuk55 wrote:I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husbandLincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go
The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work
Hope you have a good retirement L.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
Difference was Keggie was challenged and forced out, nobody is forcing Billy out, he called the election so if he wants out he can do one minus the green.dingo wrote:A certain John Keggie got 250 000 when he lost the election alledgely in 2003 !
What's the specific legal position on this, surely we aren't that naive to sleepwalk right into this?
And as for the Keggie payment, what do you think paid for the boat?, he always did like his fishing.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
unless he's got that job in politics he was after.
Last edited by daveyeff on 10 Feb 2015, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
Cheers DV, very much looking forward to it and should get some peace as the Mrs still has six years to do before she can become a lazy b.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
There's the rub L, she's off to work and leaves the list to be completed to ensure you aren't reading a newspaper/book or heaven forbid, I'm sure you wouldn't go on one of those naughty sitesLincox wrote:Cheers DV, very much looking forward to it and should get some peace as the Mrs still has six years to do before she can become a lazy b.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
Naughtiest site I ever get to look at is this one. Will miss all those sex magazines that took ooooh sooo long to put into the frame.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
Not if you now subscribe to them.Lincox wrote:Naughtiest site I ever get to look at is this one. Will miss all those sex magazines that took ooooh sooo long to put into the frame.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
"when" ?dvbuk55 wrote:No LL she has never worked for RM mainly NHS so she can look after me when I get oldLounge Lizard wrote:Might the good lady wife be a postlady, coping better than you with the demands of van sharing etc. ?dvbuk55 wrote:I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husbandLincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go
The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work
Hope you have a good retirement L.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
Lounge Lizard wrote:"when" ?dvbuk55 wrote:No LL she has never worked for RM mainly NHS so she can look after me when I get oldLounge Lizard wrote:Might the good lady wife be a postlady, coping better than you with the demands of van sharing etc. ?dvbuk55 wrote:I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husbandLincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go
The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work
Hope you have a good retirement L.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
I won,t be able to afford that on a pension LL, but I see that lovely Mr Osborne is going to give me an almost immediate pension increase of 2.5%, so if I dont have to hand it over to the Mrs, I might make an investment or subscription as you have put it.Lounge Lizard wrote:Not if you now subscribe to them.Lincox wrote:Naughtiest site I ever get to look at is this one. Will miss all those sex magazines that took ooooh sooo long to put into the frame.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
Is that a 2.5% on the old age pension L or the increase from April when RM honour the pay increase?Lincox wrote:I won,t be able to afford that on a pension LL, but I see that lovely Mr Osborne is going to give me an almost immediate pension increase of 2.5%, so if I dont have to hand it over to the Mrs, I might make an investment or subscription as you have put it.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Billy Hayes VR package
It,s 2.5% on the state basic pension and if I am right if your state pension is higher than the basic because you have some earnings related element then that extra amount is enhanced by about 1.2%. So someone on the state basic pension will see an increase of about £3 a week.