ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Billy Hayes VR package

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husband :Very Happy Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go :wave The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work :chuckle Hope you have a good retirement L.
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by daveyeff »

Lincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
well I wish I could get out,,,,but I've been told not to wish my life away. it'll come soon enough I suppose but it shows how much the job has went down the pan when staff are wishing they were out of it.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Lincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husband :Very Happy Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go :wave The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work :chuckle Hope you have a good retirement L.
Might the good lady wife be a postlady, coping better than you with the demands of van sharing etc. ? :thumbup
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Lincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husband :Very Happy Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go :wave The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work :chuckle Hope you have a good retirement L.
Might the good lady wife be a postlady, coping better than you with the demands of van sharing etc. ? :thumbup
No LL she has never worked for RM mainly NHS so she can look after me when I get old :chuckle
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by fishtank »

dingo wrote:A certain John Keggie got 250 000 when he lost the election alledgely in 2003 !
Difference was Keggie was challenged and forced out, nobody is forcing Billy out, he called the election so if he wants out he can do one minus the green.

What's the specific legal position on this, surely we aren't that naive to sleepwalk right into this?

And as for the Keggie payment, what do you think paid for the boat?, he always did like his fishing.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by daveyeff »

unless he's got that job in politics he was after.
Last edited by daveyeff on 10 Feb 2015, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lincox »

Cheers DV, very much looking forward to it and should get some peace as the Mrs still has six years to do before she can become a lazy b.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lincox wrote:Cheers DV, very much looking forward to it and should get some peace as the Mrs still has six years to do before she can become a lazy b.
There's the rub L, she's off to work and leaves the list to be completed to ensure you aren't reading a newspaper/book or heaven forbid, I'm sure you wouldn't go on one of those naughty sites :whistle
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lincox »

Naughtiest site I ever get to look at is this one. Will miss all those sex magazines that took ooooh sooo long to put into the frame.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Lincox wrote:Naughtiest site I ever get to look at is this one. Will miss all those sex magazines that took ooooh sooo long to put into the frame.
Not if you now subscribe to them. :roll:
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lounge Lizard »

dvbuk55 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Lincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husband :Very Happy Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go :wave The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work :chuckle Hope you have a good retirement L.
Might the good lady wife be a postlady, coping better than you with the demands of van sharing etc. ? :thumbup
No LL she has never worked for RM mainly NHS so she can look after me when I get old :chuckle
"when" ? :roll:
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
Lincox wrote:Just see that you are ex RM DV. When did you retire? I am due to be Ex on 28th Feb.
I retired on December 28th after 25 years Lincox and I seem to be coping well as a house husband :Very Happy Though it's true to say I'd rather be working but I'm 69 and you can't go on forever, though I'd have given it a go :wave The good lady wife and my son kept on at me to retire but in truth I don't feel "old". You'll find it very liberating pleasing yourself what you do all day, well after the list from the wife's been completed that is, usually about 20 minutes before she gets home from work :chuckle Hope you have a good retirement L.
Might the good lady wife be a postlady, coping better than you with the demands of van sharing etc. ? :thumbup
No LL she has never worked for RM mainly NHS so she can look after me when I get old :chuckle
"when" ? :roll:
:cry I am cut to the quick, it's no wonder I sit in my rocker quietly sobbing :chuckle :chuckle
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lincox »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Lincox wrote:Naughtiest site I ever get to look at is this one. Will miss all those sex magazines that took ooooh sooo long to put into the frame.
Not if you now subscribe to them. :roll:
I won,t be able to afford that on a pension LL, but I see that lovely Mr Osborne is going to give me an almost immediate pension increase of 2.5%, so if I dont have to hand it over to the Mrs, I might make an investment or subscription as you have put it.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by dvbuk55 »

Lincox wrote:I won,t be able to afford that on a pension LL, but I see that lovely Mr Osborne is going to give me an almost immediate pension increase of 2.5%, so if I dont have to hand it over to the Mrs, I might make an investment or subscription as you have put it.
Is that a 2.5% on the old age pension L or the increase from April when RM honour the pay increase?
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Billy Hayes VR package

Post by Lincox »

It,s 2.5% on the state basic pension and if I am right if your state pension is higher than the basic because you have some earnings related element then that extra amount is enhanced by about 1.2%. So someone on the state basic pension will see an increase of about £3 a week.