ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Incentive Underpin Payment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by Mr_Pink »

A2B wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:My payslip doesn't even mention this IUP.
Are you making it up?
As far as i can tell i was the only one in my office to get it, asked what it was and the best guess was to make up for an underpayment of the money paid at Christmas due to increasing my hours for that period
Cant be that, I received the correct amount at xmas.
A2B
Posts: 2033
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by A2B »

:d'oh! Well that's that theory blown out of the water, any other ideas?
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by clashcityrocker »

Is it something only part-timers are getting?
Are f/t staff being shafted again? :left:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
Biker Mouse
Posts: 543
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 18:37
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by Biker Mouse »

clashcityrocker wrote:Is it something only part-timers are getting?
Are f/t staff being shafted again? :left:
I really think it's to do with the Xmas bonus for PTmers.
Based on my hours worked over the Xmas pressure, I calculated I was approx £14 short in my bonus and today that's what I have extra in my paypacket.
Mr_Pink
Posts: 163
Joined: 14 Jun 2013, 22:09
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by Mr_Pink »

clashcityrocker wrote:Is it something only part-timers are getting?
Are f/t staff being shafted again? :left:
That'll be a first :so there
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by kirstyx »

Mr_Pink wrote:
A2B wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:My payslip doesn't even mention this IUP.
Are you making it up?
As far as i can tell i was the only one in my office to get it, asked what it was and the best guess was to make up for an underpayment of the money paid at Christmas due to increasing my hours for that period
Cant be that, I received the correct amount at xmas.
I'd be stunned if it was that I was off from June til October last year and still on a rehab plan so not doing more than my hours and I got Iup
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by spiderj »

£18 quid odds

No one at our do knew what its for either
I won
hellpop
Posts: 62
Joined: 13 Nov 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by hellpop »

i got 17.60 incentive underpin payment. no one seems to know what it is though.
A2B
Posts: 2033
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 19:34
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by A2B »

hellpop wrote:i got 17.60 incentive underpin payment. no one seems to know what it is though.
The money we received at Christmas was part bonus, part Incentive Underpin Payment so it's definitely linked to that. As to why some have it and others not and why the different amounts i have no idea.

Is everyone who received it part-time?
mikstup
Posts: 7
Joined: 01 Mar 2012, 20:07
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by mikstup »

havent a clue what its for but i got an IUP payment of £30.
I'm a part-timer and have been off sick since dec 15th.
Nondescript
Posts: 232
Joined: 29 Nov 2013, 16:25
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by Nondescript »

I'm a part timer and worked full time for the two xmas pressure weeks if that helps to solve the mystery. got 5.63 or something like that :nana
manboss
Posts: 110
Joined: 20 Feb 2013, 15:55
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by manboss »

£10.63 and i'm a part timer.
paul1231
Posts: 112
Joined: 10 Mar 2014, 22:20
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by paul1231 »

clashcityrocker wrote:Is it something only part-timers are getting?
Are f/t staff being shafted again? :left:
Almost £20 but got an hour docked for being back an hour early last tuesday. bet that happened to all the full timers who left before me :left:
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by datasaint »

This is a belated bonus payment from DHL for delivering their rogue packets that made it into the system over christmas.
BexyB9
Posts: 59
Joined: 24 Jun 2013, 13:12
Gender: Female

Re: Incentive Underpin Payment

Post by BexyB9 »

I got IUP of £13.32 this month and I'm a part timer. I just looked back at my Christmas wage slip. The bonus was split into two in December - Christmas Bonus and Incentive Underpin Payment. Haven't a clue what it means though.