ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Sickness

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
hellpop
Posts: 62
Joined: 13 Nov 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness

Post by hellpop »

i think the sickness levels have gone up cos it nigh on impossible to get a day off these days. nearly everybody at our office gets refused so they just ring in sick.
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Sickness

Post by krussel »

Long term sickness is well up in my office.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness

Post by dvbuk55 »

I've noticed a lot more IHRs than ever before and I think some of them are jump before being pushed.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
Nigel1505 wrote:Don't waste your time TBT. Thanks for the reply.
theres only one song in RM and its by moloko bring it back :wave
Return To Sender?
Please Mr Postman?
I Hate Myself and Want to Die?
It is Sunday...and it's Gloomy.

Bit much?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness

Post by bustedflush »

I'm off sick at the moment. It's Sunday and I'm listening to Coldplay and The Smiths. All by myself. My missus has hidden the pills but I think I know where..... :cry
pants123

Re: Sickness

Post by pants123 »

Its a real shame.. royal mail policy is all about cutting hours... and forcing its workers to breaking point... its making the workers very poorly.... so sad to do that to its posties...
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Sickness

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

fishtank wrote:
clashcityrocker wrote:
arnold cheshire wrote:
Nigel1505 wrote:Don't waste your time TBT. Thanks for the reply.
theres only one song in RM and its by moloko bring it back :wave
Return To Sender?
Please Mr Postman?
I Hate Myself and Want to Die?
It is Sunday...and it's Gloomy.

Bit much?
No but this might be


Postman's Pet Peeve by SNFU

SNFU LYRICS

"Postman's Pet Peeve"


I'm a mailman and I hate my job
Not half as much as I hate the dogs
The ones that s**t throughout my route
Yes, they're the ones I can do without

There you have it. that's my pet peeve
Yes, something that really bothers me
But, not quite as much as working for less
Than fourteen dollars an hour

At night I dream of better days
Back to when there was no S.P.C.A.
For they're the one who'll put me jail
If I choose to make your doggy into "doggy chow"

Ridding the world of dogs would be nice
Not quite as fun as going on strike
And I know that this may not sound important to you
But it's your angry mailman's point of view
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Sickness

Post by Nigel1505 »

rubberbond wrote:
Nigel1505 wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:What's a trolley????
That machine/vehicle that replaced a bike.
That will be the bike thing that worked successfully.
Here Here; that was my reasoning as to why there is so much absenteeism in our office now we are pushing these( "trolleys, call them what you want") for over heavens knows how many miles a day, as opposed to peddling a bike.