I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Why was it so light today?
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
-
beezet
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Why was it so light today?
Lucky you, this has been a very busy christmas, the only difference was more sequenced mail so less ips to do.Spedley wrote:I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1536
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Why was it so light today?
You're having a laugh right?
We came in Tues morn after a long weekend to find umpteen trays of manual from the day before!
We came in Tues morn after a long weekend to find umpteen trays of manual from the day before!
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Why was it so light today?
Lightest Christmas? Wow, we only completed 3 times in a month!Spedley wrote:I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
The reason it was light yesterday is because the MC's clearly didn't bother with inward mail. Ours failed today, 100+ cages of packets still left! We still had packets coming into the office at 8.30. Had half a cage of large packets for the van and a load of specials, finished an hour later than I've ever finished on Christmas Eve before.
Got back to the office and there are already cages of magazines, catalogues and packets sat waiting for Saturday.
Merry Christmas.
-
rambo1
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3266
- Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Why was it so light today?
Finished an hr early today, man just like the old days, only to be told by lino checking us in (we're not trusted to do it ourselves) that i would owe them it. Right, I'm long weekend off and they ain't getting it back next week. Oh the Christmas spirit in royal mail.19times wrote:Wrong! if it's anything like our office where they keep you till your finish timechrisj wrote:Lots of Specials because RM was pushing the products through media advertisements. Now that it is the last day before Xmas, you will get lots of specials and they will include large parcels as well as the usual...
Mail volumes should be down and it should be an earlier finish - I think!
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Re: Why was it so light today?
why or shares up 40p from last week thenSpedley wrote:I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
-
adamanti
- Posts: 148
- Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 14:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Why was it so light today?
The sun was out.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Re: Why was it so light today?
Probably because of Yodel's cock ups - if they get a bad name, ours improves by default.aiden01 wrote:why or shares up 40p from last week thenSpedley wrote:I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.