ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Why was it so light today?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Why was it so light today?

Post by Spedley »

I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
beezet
Posts: 93
Joined: 06 Dec 2013, 18:56
Gender: Male

Re: Why was it so light today?

Post by beezet »

Spedley wrote:I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
Lucky you, this has been a very busy christmas, the only difference was more sequenced mail so less ips to do.
Hitcher
Posts: 1536
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Why was it so light today?

Post by Hitcher »

You're having a laugh right?

We came in Tues morn after a long weekend to find umpteen trays of manual from the day before!
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: Why was it so light today?

Post by OnAFlyer »

Spedley wrote:I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
Lightest Christmas? Wow, we only completed 3 times in a month! :shock: Mail wasn't bad but packets were horrendous.

The reason it was light yesterday is because the MC's clearly didn't bother with inward mail. Ours failed today, 100+ cages of packets still left! We still had packets coming into the office at 8.30. Had half a cage of large packets for the van and a load of specials, finished an hour later than I've ever finished on Christmas Eve before.

Got back to the office and there are already cages of magazines, catalogues and packets sat waiting for Saturday.

Merry Christmas. :confused
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Re: Why was it so light today?

Post by rambo1 »

19times wrote:
chrisj wrote:Lots of Specials because RM was pushing the products through media advertisements. Now that it is the last day before Xmas, you will get lots of specials and they will include large parcels as well as the usual...

Mail volumes should be down and it should be an earlier finish - I think!
Wrong! if it's anything like our office where they keep you till your finish time :evil/mad
Finished an hr early today, man just like the old days, only to be told by lino checking us in (we're not trusted to do it ourselves) that i would owe them it. Right, I'm long weekend off and they ain't getting it back next week. Oh the Christmas spirit in royal mail.
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Re: Why was it so light today?

Post by aiden01 »

Spedley wrote:I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
why or shares up 40p from last week then :dance
adamanti
Posts: 148
Joined: 13 Jan 2012, 14:45
Gender: Male

Re: Why was it so light today?

Post by adamanti »

The sun was out.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Re: Why was it so light today?

Post by Spedley »

aiden01 wrote:
Spedley wrote:I had an email from currys - garuanteed delivery 24th when ordered by noon on the 23rd and people at work said Amazon are saying the same. I'm expecting record tracked tomorrow.
Also, I expect poor share performance because this is the lightest Christmas I've known.
why or shares up 40p from last week then :dance
Probably because of Yodel's cock ups - if they get a bad name, ours improves by default.