Sbutts8182 wrote:Gives them plenty of time to whittle down the 110,000 workforce down to 74,000
When we go to tues-sat delivery that's when the workforce will go to 74,000
Sbutts8182 wrote:Gives them plenty of time to whittle down the 110,000 workforce down to 74,000
when they scrap our T&C (the day after the legall binding runs out) and we are all on a minimum wage zero hour contractCaptain Scarlet wrote:Sbutts8182 wrote:Gives them plenty of time to whittle down the 110,000 workforce down to 74,000
When we go to tues-sat delivery that's when the workforce will go to 74,000
I wouldn't have any faith in anything legally binding.aposter wrote:
when they scrap our T&C (the day after the legall binding runs out)
Can you seriously imagine still using that sh!te in 2020? We'd be a laughing stockTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Nope - possibly 6 yearsJpro747 wrote:So we still have to lug that brick around for another year then?
http://www.intermec.com/products/cmptrcn3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;SpacePhoenix wrote:No chance in hell of our PDAs lasting another 6 years (does Intermec even manufacture the batteries anymore?)
I know, they are embarrasing now, but the 5 year rollout from Autumn 2015 is in the press release.OnAFlyer wrote:Can you seriously imagine still using that sh!te in 2020? We'd be a laughing stockTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Nope - possibly 6 yearsJpro747 wrote:So we still have to lug that brick around for another year then?
I contacted IT regarding a PDA with a knackered battery and they sent a replacement (it took 3 days to arrive, used to be next day). Gave the replacement PDA a full charge and issued it the following day. It lasted 50 minutes before the battery ctitical message started. This is not the first time.DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/cmptrcn3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;SpacePhoenix wrote:No chance in hell of our PDAs lasting another 6 years (does Intermec even manufacture the batteries anymore?)
They stopped making the units this year so I would suppose they will continue the batteries for a while, whether RM would actually spend the money to buy any is something totally different.
You're correct but they don't change over the batteries, they take an old PDA that they have been sent and then send it you, it's a very poor system when the best solution would be to just send a new battery.maninred wrote:I contacted IT regarding a PDA with a knackered battery and they sent a replacement (it took 3 days to arrive, used to be next day). Gave the replacement PDA a full charge and issued it the following day. It lasted 50 minutes before the battery ctitical message started. This is not the first time.DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/cmptrcn3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;SpacePhoenix wrote:No chance in hell of our PDAs lasting another 6 years (does Intermec even manufacture the batteries anymore?)
They stopped making the units this year so I would suppose they will continue the batteries for a while, whether RM would actually spend the money to buy any is something totally different.
I don't think they have many (if any) new batteries and are just randomly sending PDA's up and down the country.
Yes, I used to just put in a order for half a dozen new batteries and send the duff ones back. It used to be a good system.DGP1 wrote:You're correct but they don't change over the batteries, they take an old PDA that they have been sent and then send it you, it's a very poor system when the best solution would be to just send a new battery.maninred wrote:I contacted IT regarding a PDA with a knackered battery and they sent a replacement (it took 3 days to arrive, used to be next day). Gave the replacement PDA a full charge and issued it the following day. It lasted 50 minutes before the battery ctitical message started. This is not the first time.DGP1 wrote:http://www.intermec.com/products/cmptrcn3/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;SpacePhoenix wrote:No chance in hell of our PDAs lasting another 6 years (does Intermec even manufacture the batteries anymore?)
They stopped making the units this year so I would suppose they will continue the batteries for a while, whether RM would actually spend the money to buy any is something totally different.
I don't think they have many (if any) new batteries and are just randomly sending PDA's up and down the country.