Hey I'm a reformed character DG I haven't been sent to the naughty room for a long time and I remember all those despicable things you and stokesy got up to made meDGP1 wrote:If you come over to the naughty room I'll show youdvbuk55 wrote:Oh get away with you DG you can have pancakes any day of the week - I presume ST is not some sort of codeDGP1 wrote:I'm just waiting for Shrove Tuesdaycyclemech1 wrote:Apparently, it's Cyber Monday next Monday.dvbuk55 wrote:I'm surprised nobody anywhere has suggested that BLACK Friday may not strictly be PC. I think it's a big con. I had 20 emails from various stores businesses claiming to have huge discounts which is rubbish. One example is the Karcher suction window cleaner which I bought for £49.99 last year, from a store which is saying it's £50 on black Friday and declared it's usual price is £100I think the Yanks have a lot to answer for.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Black Friday ready for next week???
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
-
*xen*
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
'Black Friday' this week will swiftly become
'Shove It Up Your Arse! Tuesday' next week
when my lino asks me to stay out to 5pm to complete the job.

'Shove It Up Your Arse! Tuesday' next week
when my lino asks me to stay out to 5pm to complete the job.
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
Well it was a depressing Friday and the effects of Black Friday haven't even hit yet.
Still at least we can look forward to
Manic Mondays
Traumatic Tuesdays
WTF Wednesdays
Trying Thursdays
Flexible Fridays
Stuffit saturdays.
Still at least we can look forward to
Manic Mondays
Traumatic Tuesdays
WTF Wednesdays
Trying Thursdays
Flexible Fridays
Stuffit saturdays.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32805
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
Tee hee...
Police have been called to supermarkets across the UK amid crowd surges as people hunt for "Black Friday" offers...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30241459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Police have been called to supermarkets across the UK amid crowd surges as people hunt for "Black Friday" offers...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30241459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
villan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
Really? It's such a nice area too.Lazycarton wrote:You couldn't force me at gunpoint to join the hordes scrabbling for "bargains". Edmonton Tesco closed because of fighting and looting
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
The sort of knuckle-dragging morons that form those crowds in the shops are an aggregation of the lowest denominators in society:
Reality TV viewers.
IQ's stamped inside their footwear so they don't have the imagination to do their homework (i.e. the Karcher example posted in this thread.)
The benefits brigade.
The greedy.
Victims of Americanization and vulgarity.
One broken wrist reported in a scrum at one store, another woman hit by a falling TV and several fainting.
As a nation we have lost all hope.
Reality TV viewers.
IQ's stamped inside their footwear so they don't have the imagination to do their homework (i.e. the Karcher example posted in this thread.)
The benefits brigade.
The greedy.
Victims of Americanization and vulgarity.
One broken wrist reported in a scrum at one store, another woman hit by a falling TV and several fainting.
As a nation we have lost all hope.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 967
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
Just for laughs, here's a link with a couple of Black Friday store fights. The second one shows American cops doing one of the things they do best. That is, taking a relatively calm disagreement between two customers and ramping up the tension with tasers and handcuffs.
http://gawker.com/here-are-the-best-bla ... 1664289032
http://gawker.com/here-are-the-best-bla ... 1664289032
-
bertieboy
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
What about Sheffield WednesdayDGP1 wrote:I'm just waiting for Shrove Tuesdaycyclemech1 wrote:Apparently, it's Cyber Monday next Monday.dvbuk55 wrote:I'm surprised nobody anywhere has suggested that BLACK Friday may not strictly be PC. I think it's a big con. I had 20 emails from various stores businesses claiming to have huge discounts which is rubbish. One example is the Karcher suction window cleaner which I bought for £49.99 last year, from a store which is saying it's £50 on black Friday and declared it's usual price is £100I think the Yanks have a lot to answer for.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
What are they?terry2972 wrote:Doesn't bother me as I collect my mail from drop boxes
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72759
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
Pouch Boxes - Singleton Deliveries - Pre P&L.Bahia Feliz wrote:What are they?terry2972 wrote:Doesn't bother me as I collect my mail from drop boxes
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
How about cut off Saturday.or cut out more likely. I am looking forward to no docket Wednesday.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Well it was a depressing Friday and the effects of Black Friday haven't even hit yet.
Still at least we can look forward to
Manic Mondays
Traumatic Tuesdays
WTF Wednesdays
Trying Thursdays
Flexible Fridays
Stuffit saturdays.
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
It is because the shops go into profit. PC my arsedvbuk55 wrote:I'm surprised nobody anywhere has suggested that BLACK Friday may not strictly be PC. I think it's a big con. I had 20 emails from various stores businesses claiming to have huge discounts which is rubbish. One example is the Karcher suction window cleaner which I bought for £49.99 last year, from a store which is saying it's £50 on black Friday and declared it's usual price is £100
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
same here, still cut off at finish timeWild Rover wrote:My contracted hours still say the same regardless of excess packets or not..
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
obviously nobody was working then, why not do it in the evenings so the working class get a look inbustedflush wrote:The sort of knuckle-dragging morons that form those crowds in the shops are an aggregation of the lowest denominators in society:
Reality TV viewers.
IQ's stamped inside their footwear so they don't have the imagination to do their homework (i.e. the Karcher example posted in this thread.)
The benefits brigade.
The greedy.
Victims of Americanization and vulgarity.
One broken wrist reported in a scrum at one store, another woman hit by a falling TV and several fainting.
As a nation we have lost all hope.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Black Friday ready for next week???
"I'm just waiting for Shrove Tuesday
"
Or Sheffield Wednesday,
Or Sheffield Wednesday,