ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Black Friday ready for next week???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by dvbuk55 »

DGP1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
DGP1 wrote:
cyclemech1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I'm surprised nobody anywhere has suggested that BLACK Friday may not strictly be PC. I think it's a big con. I had 20 emails from various stores businesses claiming to have huge discounts which is rubbish. One example is the Karcher suction window cleaner which I bought for £49.99 last year, from a store which is saying it's £50 on black Friday and declared it's usual price is £100 :shock:
Apparently, it's Cyber Monday next Monday. :cuppa I think the Yanks have a lot to answer for. :evil/mad
I'm just waiting for Shrove Tuesday :nervous
Oh get away with you DG you can have pancakes any day of the week - I presume ST is not some sort of code :wave
If you come over to the naughty room I'll show you :Very Happy
Hey I'm a reformed character DG I haven't been sent to the naughty room for a long time and I remember all those despicable things you and stokesy got up to made me :oops: :chuckle
*xen*
Posts: 53
Joined: 20 Feb 2012, 18:52
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by *xen* »

'Black Friday' this week will swiftly become

'Shove It Up Your Arse! Tuesday' next week

when my lino asks me to stay out to 5pm to complete the job.

:Boo hoo! :cuppa
That money talks,
I'll not deny,
I heard it once,
It said 'goodbye'.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Well it was a depressing Friday and the effects of Black Friday haven't even hit yet.

Still at least we can look forward to

Manic Mondays
Traumatic Tuesdays
WTF Wednesdays
Trying Thursdays
Flexible Fridays
Stuffit saturdays.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32805
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by POSTMAN »

Tee hee...

Police have been called to supermarkets across the UK amid crowd surges as people hunt for "Black Friday" offers...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30241459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
villan
Posts: 79
Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by villan »

Lazycarton wrote:You couldn't force me at gunpoint to join the hordes scrabbling for "bargains". Edmonton Tesco closed because of fighting and looting :Very Happy
Really? It's such a nice area too.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by bustedflush »

The sort of knuckle-dragging morons that form those crowds in the shops are an aggregation of the lowest denominators in society:

Reality TV viewers.
IQ's stamped inside their footwear so they don't have the imagination to do their homework (i.e. the Karcher example posted in this thread.)
The benefits brigade.
The greedy.
Victims of Americanization and vulgarity.

One broken wrist reported in a scrum at one store, another woman hit by a falling TV and several fainting.

As a nation we have lost all hope.
britwrit
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 967
Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by britwrit »

Just for laughs, here's a link with a couple of Black Friday store fights. The second one shows American cops doing one of the things they do best. That is, taking a relatively calm disagreement between two customers and ramping up the tension with tasers and handcuffs.

http://gawker.com/here-are-the-best-bla ... 1664289032
bertieboy
Posts: 56
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by bertieboy »

DGP1 wrote:
cyclemech1 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:I'm surprised nobody anywhere has suggested that BLACK Friday may not strictly be PC. I think it's a big con. I had 20 emails from various stores businesses claiming to have huge discounts which is rubbish. One example is the Karcher suction window cleaner which I bought for £49.99 last year, from a store which is saying it's £50 on black Friday and declared it's usual price is £100 :shock:
Apparently, it's Cyber Monday next Monday. :cuppa I think the Yanks have a lot to answer for. :evil/mad
I'm just waiting for Shrove Tuesday :nervous
What about Sheffield Wednesday :Very Happy .
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by Bahia Feliz »

terry2972 wrote:Doesn't bother me as I collect my mail from drop boxes
What are they?
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72759
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
terry2972 wrote:Doesn't bother me as I collect my mail from drop boxes
What are they?
Pouch Boxes - Singleton Deliveries - Pre P&L.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by rubberbond »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Well it was a depressing Friday and the effects of Black Friday haven't even hit yet.

Still at least we can look forward to

Manic Mondays
Traumatic Tuesdays
WTF Wednesdays
Trying Thursdays
Flexible Fridays
Stuffit saturdays.
How about cut off Saturday.or cut out more likely. I am looking forward to no docket Wednesday.
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by rubberbond »

dvbuk55 wrote:I'm surprised nobody anywhere has suggested that BLACK Friday may not strictly be PC. I think it's a big con. I had 20 emails from various stores businesses claiming to have huge discounts which is rubbish. One example is the Karcher suction window cleaner which I bought for £49.99 last year, from a store which is saying it's £50 on black Friday and declared it's usual price is £100 :shock:
It is because the shops go into profit. PC my arse
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by eastie »

Wild Rover wrote:My contracted hours still say the same regardless of excess packets or not..
same here, still cut off at finish time
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by eastie »

bustedflush wrote:The sort of knuckle-dragging morons that form those crowds in the shops are an aggregation of the lowest denominators in society:

Reality TV viewers.
IQ's stamped inside their footwear so they don't have the imagination to do their homework (i.e. the Karcher example posted in this thread.)
The benefits brigade.
The greedy.
Victims of Americanization and vulgarity.

One broken wrist reported in a scrum at one store, another woman hit by a falling TV and several fainting.

As a nation we have lost all hope.
obviously nobody was working then, why not do it in the evenings so the working class get a look in
Nigel1505
Posts: 409
Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
Gender: Male

Re: Black Friday ready for next week???

Post by Nigel1505 »

"I'm just waiting for Shrove Tuesday :nervous "

Or Sheffield Wednesday, :d'oh!