ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Vauxhall combo vans
-
ziggy
- Posts: 114
- Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
- Location: Back o Beyond
Re: Vauxhall combo vans
I've ended up with sciatica as well
the constant in and out of the van is a nightmare
Ziggy
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Vauxhall combo vans
I keep meaning to get a "Clicker" and record just how many times I'm in and out of the van, just for personal curiosity. I know it's a lot because when I got a new van a few years back I'd worn the paint down to the bare metal on the door sill within 3 months!
That might just be my muscular calves though! 
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
rubberbond
- Posts: 1497
- Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Vauxhall combo vans
What about those stupid metal lugs, above the rear doors I keep whacking my head on, one more time and I will be seeking legal redress as it is an obvious design fault and bloody dangerous as well.Nigel1505 wrote:Thanks for replies everyone. Thinking of investigating this through legal channels to see if I have a claim re. H & S and Duty of Care at work, as it is a well known fact they are lethal vans and the replies on here have reinforced this view.
-
Fishyfingers
- Posts: 162
- Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
- Location: Highland
Re: Vauxhall combo vans
I have my own walking duty but because i know most of the duties in the office i sometimes get bumped to a driving round,The combo van gave me a sore back so i wrote a letter to the Dom telling him i was going to refuse to do any duty using the Combo,so i have been given a Bipper or Connect no problems with them.
-
dave0876
- Posts: 154
- Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09
Re: Vauxhall combo vans
You can keep ypur COMBO vans i like my BIPPER maybe smaller loading space but a hell of a lot more comfy to drive