ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Vauxhall combo vans

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
ziggy
Posts: 114
Joined: 10 Jul 2007, 14:26
Gender: Male
Location: Back o Beyond

Re: Vauxhall combo vans

Post by ziggy »

I've ended up with sciatica as well :arrrghhh the constant in and out of the van is a nightmare
Ziggy
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Re: Vauxhall combo vans

Post by Dorset Plodder »

I keep meaning to get a "Clicker" and record just how many times I'm in and out of the van, just for personal curiosity. I know it's a lot because when I got a new van a few years back I'd worn the paint down to the bare metal on the door sill within 3 months! :shock: That might just be my muscular calves though! :Very Happy
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Re: Vauxhall combo vans

Post by rubberbond »

Nigel1505 wrote:Thanks for replies everyone. Thinking of investigating this through legal channels to see if I have a claim re. H & S and Duty of Care at work, as it is a well known fact they are lethal vans and the replies on here have reinforced this view. :thumbup
What about those stupid metal lugs, above the rear doors I keep whacking my head on, one more time and I will be seeking legal redress as it is an obvious design fault and bloody dangerous as well.
Fishyfingers
Posts: 162
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 22:04
Location: Highland

Re: Vauxhall combo vans

Post by Fishyfingers »

I have my own walking duty but because i know most of the duties in the office i sometimes get bumped to a driving round,The combo van gave me a sore back so i wrote a letter to the Dom telling him i was going to refuse to do any duty using the Combo,so i have been given a Bipper or Connect no problems with them.
dave0876
Posts: 154
Joined: 19 Apr 2008, 12:09

Re: Vauxhall combo vans

Post by dave0876 »

You can keep ypur COMBO vans i like my BIPPER maybe smaller loading space but a hell of a lot more comfy to drive