Thought we wern't allowed to moan.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I love this job, thats why I moan when office based twonkers, be they Union or RM, come up with wonderful new ideas that clash with the reality of the job and make it harder. I will continue to moan, in fact be worried, be very worried if I stop (or if anyone stops).
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32815
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I havent enjoyed the job since van sharing for last 2 years!
'deal of the century' - dingo
-
lew1275
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 30
- Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 20:42
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
6 years service and yes still love the job. Sometimes I get very frustrated but I'm very lucky to have the job I have which on the whole i do enjoy however I work in an SPDO in the countryside with no managers to deal with on a day to day basis!!
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Well that would make all the difference.lew1275 wrote: however I work in an SPDO in the countryside with no managers to deal with on a day to day basis!!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I always moan when I am pleased.POSTMAN wrote:Thought we wern't allowed to moan.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I love this job, thats why I moan when office based twonkers, be they Union or RM, come up with wonderful new ideas that clash with the reality of the job and make it harder. I will continue to moan, in fact be worried, be very worried if I stop (or if anyone stops).![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
scoobydo79
- Posts: 2058
- Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
What He saysSWIM wrote:I havent enjoyed the job since van sharing for last 2 years!
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
constant arguments with doms dont we just love itSco77 wrote:Yep, i read nothing but doom and gloom on here mostly. But, who else genuinely still enjoys the job?
Of course there are many things i'd love about it to change such as D2D'S Saturdays off ( I'm a poor shat on reserve) so rarely got one off. I could rattle on the negatives.
The positives though for me are: I love weekly pay, i enjoy most of the walks i get put on, customers in the main are nice, loads of overtime/S.A, well paid for what we do, Pension etc etc.
Let's have a wee bit Royal Mail love for a change ;)
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I like weekly pay and floating week off and working away from the office.
-
DirtyHarry
- Posts: 5051
- Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: London
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Hate this job with a passion now.
The job is like a Japanese endurance test.
The management/directors of this company are an absolute shower of bastards.
Would be off like a shot, if the opportunity presented itself.
The job is like a Japanese endurance test.
The management/directors of this company are an absolute shower of bastards.
Would be off like a shot, if the opportunity presented itself.
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
13 years now and I enjoy it more than ever, I've no doubt that having my own rural duty helps, the only thing I hate is weather like todays and that's one thing even the slug salmond didn't say he could improve 
-
Patti-Ann
- Posts: 68
- Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
- Gender: Female
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I used to enjoy the job, but now in my late 50's I'm just counting the time down till I can retire 
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
I'm same , knees etc do take a toll on ure body in all the years in rm .
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
Nearly 2 years in and I'm still enjoying it. No time to get bored, keeps you fit and slim, and the money's not bad either. Having worked in an office for 20 years previously this is definitely better. 
-
jolly_postman
- Posts: 13
- Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 15:11
- Gender: Female
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
3 weeks in and hating it all. Too many targets, too much to carry, too much pressure to work beyond your time, too many D2D's, too many parcels, too long a route and badly designed equipment. Feels like the company just want to work you to the bone and get all they can out of you.
-
Cowdenpostie
- Posts: 45
- Joined: 22 Nov 2008, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)
16 years in now and I enjoy the job once I'm out of the office and on delivery... 