ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32815
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by POSTMAN »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I love this job, thats why I moan when office based twonkers, be they Union or RM, come up with wonderful new ideas that clash with the reality of the job and make it harder. I will continue to moan, in fact be worried, be very worried if I stop (or if anyone stops).
Thought we wern't allowed to moan. :roll: :hmmmm :whistle :speak to the hand :no no :cuppa
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by SWIM »

I havent enjoyed the job since van sharing for last 2 years!
'deal of the century' - dingo
lew1275
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 30
Joined: 10 Sep 2008, 20:42
Gender: Male

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by lew1275 »

6 years service and yes still love the job. Sometimes I get very frustrated but I'm very lucky to have the job I have which on the whole i do enjoy however I work in an SPDO in the countryside with no managers to deal with on a day to day basis!!
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by baldrick »

lew1275 wrote: however I work in an SPDO in the countryside with no managers to deal with on a day to day basis!!
Well that would make all the difference. :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

POSTMAN wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:I love this job, thats why I moan when office based twonkers, be they Union or RM, come up with wonderful new ideas that clash with the reality of the job and make it harder. I will continue to moan, in fact be worried, be very worried if I stop (or if anyone stops).
Thought we wern't allowed to moan. :roll: :hmmmm :whistle :speak to the hand :no no :cuppa
I always moan when I am pleased. :oops: :oops: :oops:
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2058
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by scoobydo79 »

SWIM wrote:I havent enjoyed the job since van sharing for last 2 years!
What He says
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by arnold cheshire »

Sco77 wrote:Yep, i read nothing but doom and gloom on here mostly. But, who else genuinely still enjoys the job?

Of course there are many things i'd love about it to change such as D2D'S Saturdays off ( I'm a poor shat on reserve) so rarely got one off. I could rattle on the negatives.

The positives though for me are: I love weekly pay, i enjoy most of the walks i get put on, customers in the main are nice, loads of overtime/S.A, well paid for what we do, Pension etc etc.

Let's have a wee bit Royal Mail love for a change ;)
constant arguments with doms dont we just love it
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by Darren Bent »

I like weekly pay and floating week off and working away from the office.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by DirtyHarry »

Hate this job with a passion now.
The job is like a Japanese endurance test.
The management/directors of this company are an absolute shower of bastards.
Would be off like a shot, if the opportunity presented itself.
simply_the_best
Posts: 594
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by simply_the_best »

13 years now and I enjoy it more than ever, I've no doubt that having my own rural duty helps, the only thing I hate is weather like todays and that's one thing even the slug salmond didn't say he could improve :Very Happy
Patti-Ann
Posts: 68
Joined: 17 May 2014, 09:57
Gender: Female

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by Patti-Ann »

I used to enjoy the job, but now in my late 50's I'm just counting the time down till I can retire :cuppa
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by Chelseablue »

I'm same , knees etc do take a toll on ure body in all the years in rm .
Barbel
Posts: 593
Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
Gender: Male

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by Barbel »

Nearly 2 years in and I'm still enjoying it. No time to get bored, keeps you fit and slim, and the money's not bad either. Having worked in an office for 20 years previously this is definitely better. :Very Happy
jolly_postman
Posts: 13
Joined: 16 Oct 2014, 15:11
Gender: Female

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by jolly_postman »

3 weeks in and hating it all. Too many targets, too much to carry, too much pressure to work beyond your time, too many D2D's, too many parcels, too long a route and badly designed equipment. Feels like the company just want to work you to the bone and get all they can out of you.
Cowdenpostie
Posts: 45
Joined: 22 Nov 2008, 19:59
Gender: Male

Re: I Do Still Love This Job (Things Aside)

Post by Cowdenpostie »

16 years in now and I enjoy the job once I'm out of the office and on delivery... :wave