ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What are the arguments against clocking in cards?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?

Post by dvbuk55 »

janitor wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
janitor wrote:The RFID in i.d cards idea is an option, and fulfils RMs most important requirement, its cheap rfid chips would cost pennies, but would it actually achieve anything, would someone walking in with two or three peoples id cards acknowledge one person carrying more than one card, or three people, so don't see what this would achieve.
Christ and here's me thinking there are cameras around :shock:
Maybe in the offices you work in there are, but none of the offices I have worked in had them, when one office I worked in got broken into the police, were gobsmacked to hear there was no security cameras.
Not only inside but also outside showing the parking areas for vans, the loading bay, the car park for visitors, the smoking area and the grassy knoll to the rear of the building - big brother is indeed watching you.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?

Post by fishtank »

zx135 wrote:Why would RM even want to implement such a system? They get thousands of hours of free work the way it is at the moment. There is no incentive for RM to change anything

That's the truth of it and while the CWU still has large numbers of members in its backyard going home early there is no incentive for change from that direction either, the rest of us will just have to continue to have pointless arguments at resource meetings about actual hours worked and face snide comments from management about how we all must have finished 2 hours early yesterday.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
islfor
Posts: 380
Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
Gender: Male
Location: Scotland

Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?

Post by islfor »

gary1975 wrote:It would stop early starters , runners ,and people would finish on time or hand back , no lapsing ,so basically it won't happen , but it would be the best thing to happen, as the job would be done properly more hours needed in offices which means more jobs and better contracts.

Totally agree :Applause
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Prior Preparation and Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance.
Not hard to see you are ex BUT where's my dog avatar? Have you killed him you monster, I know it was common practice in far flung fields to cull the animal population from barrack areas - or it was when I was a soldier.

No Image shack are the ones that done it. Aparrently the stopped supporting the old one on 8 Oct 2014 http://help.forumotion.com/t136009-imag ... old-images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is the old ImageShack still available?
No. Since we have redesigned the new site we are no longer supporting the old ImageShack. We want to give our customers the most modern and best looking product possible and that is our hope with the new site.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Prior Preparation and Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance.
Not hard to see you are ex BUT where's my dog avatar? Have you killed him you monster, I know it was common practice in far flung fields to cull the animal population from barrack areas - or it was when I was a soldier.

No Image shack are the ones that done it. Aparrently the stopped supporting the old one on 8 Oct 2014 http://help.forumotion.com/t136009-imag ... old-images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is the old ImageShack still available?
No. Since we have redesigned the new site we are no longer supporting the old ImageShack. We want to give our customers the most modern and best looking product possible and that is our hope with the new site.
Well I know it's been a while but I thought it was just a glitch - so how do I get him back oh wise one. TBH I don't know if I still have that picture but I have others.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

I don't use image shack myself so unsure, but at a guess if you have the old one on your computer then upload it to the new Imageshack and copy the link into your avatar page.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.