Not only inside but also outside showing the parking areas for vans, the loading bay, the car park for visitors, the smoking area and the grassy knoll to the rear of the building - big brother is indeed watching you.janitor wrote:Maybe in the offices you work in there are, but none of the offices I have worked in had them, when one office I worked in got broken into the police, were gobsmacked to hear there was no security cameras.dvbuk55 wrote:Christ and here's me thinking there are cameras aroundjanitor wrote:The RFID in i.d cards idea is an option, and fulfils RMs most important requirement, its cheap rfid chips would cost pennies, but would it actually achieve anything, would someone walking in with two or three peoples id cards acknowledge one person carrying more than one card, or three people, so don't see what this would achieve.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What are the arguments against clocking in cards?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?
zx135 wrote:Why would RM even want to implement such a system? They get thousands of hours of free work the way it is at the moment. There is no incentive for RM to change anything
That's the truth of it and while the CWU still has large numbers of members in its backyard going home early there is no incentive for change from that direction either, the rest of us will just have to continue to have pointless arguments at resource meetings about actual hours worked and face snide comments from management about how we all must have finished 2 hours early yesterday.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
islfor
- Posts: 380
- Joined: 26 Aug 2008, 19:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Scotland
Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?
gary1975 wrote:It would stop early starters , runners ,and people would finish on time or hand back , no lapsing ,so basically it won't happen , but it would be the best thing to happen, as the job would be done properly more hours needed in offices which means more jobs and better contracts.
Totally agree
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?
dvbuk55 wrote:Not hard to see you are ex BUT where's my dog avatar? Have you killed him you monster, I know it was common practice in far flung fields to cull the animal population from barrack areas - or it was when I was a soldier.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Prior Preparation and Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance.
No Image shack are the ones that done it. Aparrently the stopped supporting the old one on 8 Oct 2014 http://help.forumotion.com/t136009-imag ... old-images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is the old ImageShack still available?
No. Since we have redesigned the new site we are no longer supporting the old ImageShack. We want to give our customers the most modern and best looking product possible and that is our hope with the new site.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?
Well I know it's been a while but I thought it was just a glitch - so how do I get him back oh wise one. TBH I don't know if I still have that picture but I have others.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:dvbuk55 wrote:Not hard to see you are ex BUT where's my dog avatar? Have you killed him you monster, I know it was common practice in far flung fields to cull the animal population from barrack areas - or it was when I was a soldier.TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Prior Preparation and Planning Prevent Piss Poor Performance.
No Image shack are the ones that done it. Aparrently the stopped supporting the old one on 8 Oct 2014 http://help.forumotion.com/t136009-imag ... old-images" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is the old ImageShack still available?
No. Since we have redesigned the new site we are no longer supporting the old ImageShack. We want to give our customers the most modern and best looking product possible and that is our hope with the new site.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: What are the arguments against clocking in cards?
I don't use image shack myself so unsure, but at a guess if you have the old one on your computer then upload it to the new Imageshack and copy the link into your avatar page.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.