ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

ways of dealing with aches and pains

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
buckrogers
Posts: 25
Joined: 05 Sep 2011, 19:22
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by buckrogers »

You should try pernaton gel/cream. You can use as much of it as you like and can't overdose on it. A lot of elderly use it for arthritis pain.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

biglad75 wrote: The massive tits I've developed are the only side affect !

Make money and send them on an RM graduate ManagementTraining scheme.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by datasaint »

I don't believe in painkillers except in extreme circumstances like tooth ache/ear ache.

They reduce your tolerance for pain which leads you to taking more in a viscious cycle, and anyway pain is the body's way of telling you something is wrong, painkillers mask that signal and you can end up doing even more damage.
cobberwebb
Posts: 62
Joined: 25 Sep 2013, 15:49
Gender: Male

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by cobberwebb »

norm wrote:I don't believe in painkillers except in extreme circumstances like tooth ache/ear ache.

They reduce your tolerance for pain which leads you to taking more in a viscious cycle, and anyway pain is the body's way of telling you something is wrong, painkillers mask that signal and you can end up doing even more damage.
Totally agree :thumbup
I finished early on Friday and stayed off sick today because of knee pain. I had an ACL reconstruction on it already back in 07 when I was in the Army. No way I am going through that again for these assholes.
DirtyHarry
Posts: 5051
Joined: 13 May 2007, 23:16
Gender: Male
Location: London

Re: ways of dealing with aches and pains

Post by DirtyHarry »

Some very sage advice in this thread. :cuppa