ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Almost there

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by bluealbert »

dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs :thumbdown :sad: have a great retirement mate :thumbup
OAP til you're 66 :thumbdown :nervous
I know mate :thumbdown :arrrghhh
I'm down to 17hrs and 3 days a week, gradually working my way to retirement which I'm considering at xmas when I'll be 68, though I've said it before and yet I carry on but this time I feel I'm finally ready.
I wouldn't hesitate mate,time for you to relax and enjoy,I think if I was in your shoes I'd go now :thumbup :wave :dance
I hear you blue, but I have a reasonable work life balance and after more than 50 years working it has become a habit like smoking and drinking neither of which I do and when it becomes a chore or they ask me to go I'll leave.
:thumbup fair enough mate,I've been drinking wine for the last 30yrs I don't want to give it up either :Very Happy :chuckle :thumbup
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by dvbuk55 »

bluealbert wrote: fair enough mate,I've been drinking wine for the last 30yrs I don't want to give it up either :Very Happy :chuckle :thumbup
Well you enjoy blue :wave
music4essex
Posts: 717
Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
Gender: Female

Re: Almost there

Post by music4essex »

Have a great retirement Rhino

All the best for the future :Applause :Applause
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Almost there

Post by rhino49 »

Well that's it, all done and dusted. Had a wonderful last day and now sat peacefully at home with a pot of tea and a table full of exotic bottles of alcohol from well wishing customers and friends. My weekends will start on a Friday night from now on and there is no time like the present, so off for some live music and a few lagers with my lovely lady tonight and then off to Gods own county of Yorkshire for a few days tomorrow.

I'll be keeping a fatherly eye on you all so be good :Very Happy
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Almost there

Post by k979aaa »

Enjoy and all the best hope the weather is good for you.
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by Postie45 »

rhino49 wrote:Well that's it, all done and dusted. Had a wonderful last day and now sat peacefully at home with a pot of tea and a table full of exotic bottles of alcohol from well wishing customers and friends. My weekends will start on a Friday night from now on and there is no time like the present, so off for some live music and a few lagers with my lovely lady tonight and then off to Gods own county of Yorkshire for a few days tomorrow.

I'll be keeping a fatherly eye on you all so be good :Very Happy
thats great, and cant say im not a little jealous ! enjoy it sir !
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by baldrick »

Good on you rhino!
Once again I'll wish you a long, healthy and happy retirement! :Very Happy
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by bluealbert »

rhino49 wrote:Well that's it, all done and dusted. Had a wonderful last day and now sat peacefully at home with a pot of tea and a table full of exotic bottles of alcohol from well wishing customers and friends. My weekends will start on a Friday night from now on and there is no time like the present, so off for some live music and a few lagers with my lovely lady tonight and then off to Gods own county of Yorkshire for a few days tomorrow.

I'll be keeping a fatherly eye on you all so be good :Very Happy
:thumbup have a great retirement mate :wave I,ll have a glass or two for you later :thumbup
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Almost there

Post by robbertwhitton »

Well done that man, happy retirement!! And well done fir having the right attitude within this much changing job, it's what you make it, we know whats right and wrong within the organisation, andvthey kniw we know, and somewhat embarrassed about it all.cheers, from us all at gu28 :Applause
RedBagMan
Posts: 1010
Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
Gender: Male
Location: Behind the lens

Re: Almost there

Post by RedBagMan »

robbertwhitton wrote: we know whats right and wrong within the organisation, and they know we know, and somewhat embarrassed about it all.
Think this sums it all up !

Enjoy your well-deserved rest sir !!
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...