dvbuk55 wrote:I hear you blue, but I have a reasonable work life balance and after more than 50 years working it has become a habit like smoking and drinking neither of which I do and when it becomes a chore or they ask me to go I'll leave.bluealbert wrote:I wouldn't hesitate mate,time for you to relax and enjoy,I think if I was in your shoes I'd go nowdvbuk55 wrote:I'm down to 17hrs and 3 days a week, gradually working my way to retirement which I'm considering at xmas when I'll be 68, though I've said it before and yet I carry on but this time I feel I'm finally ready.bluealbert wrote:I know matedvbuk55 wrote:OAP til you're 66bluealbert wrote:I've got 26yrs in now I'm 54, don't think I can survive another 11yrs![]()
have a great retirement mate
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Almost there
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
Well you enjoy bluebluealbert wrote: fair enough mate,I've been drinking wine for the last 30yrs I don't want to give it up either![]()
![]()
-
music4essex
- Posts: 717
- Joined: 15 Oct 2009, 16:18
- Gender: Female
Re: Almost there
Have a great retirement Rhino
All the best for the future

All the best for the future
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Almost there
Well that's it, all done and dusted. Had a wonderful last day and now sat peacefully at home with a pot of tea and a table full of exotic bottles of alcohol from well wishing customers and friends. My weekends will start on a Friday night from now on and there is no time like the present, so off for some live music and a few lagers with my lovely lady tonight and then off to Gods own county of Yorkshire for a few days tomorrow.
I'll be keeping a fatherly eye on you all so be good
I'll be keeping a fatherly eye on you all so be good
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Almost there
Enjoy and all the best hope the weather is good for you.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
thats great, and cant say im not a little jealous ! enjoy it sir !rhino49 wrote:Well that's it, all done and dusted. Had a wonderful last day and now sat peacefully at home with a pot of tea and a table full of exotic bottles of alcohol from well wishing customers and friends. My weekends will start on a Friday night from now on and there is no time like the present, so off for some live music and a few lagers with my lovely lady tonight and then off to Gods own county of Yorkshire for a few days tomorrow.
I'll be keeping a fatherly eye on you all so be good :Very Happy
-
baldrick
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 5038
- Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
Good on you rhino!
Once again I'll wish you a long, healthy and happy retirement!
Once again I'll wish you a long, healthy and happy retirement!
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
rhino49 wrote:Well that's it, all done and dusted. Had a wonderful last day and now sat peacefully at home with a pot of tea and a table full of exotic bottles of alcohol from well wishing customers and friends. My weekends will start on a Friday night from now on and there is no time like the present, so off for some live music and a few lagers with my lovely lady tonight and then off to Gods own county of Yorkshire for a few days tomorrow.
I'll be keeping a fatherly eye on you all so be good
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Almost there
Well done that man, happy retirement!! And well done fir having the right attitude within this much changing job, it's what you make it, we know whats right and wrong within the organisation, andvthey kniw we know, and somewhat embarrassed about it all.cheers, from us all at gu28 
-
RedBagMan
- Posts: 1010
- Joined: 01 Aug 2010, 17:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Behind the lens
Re: Almost there
Think this sums it all up !robbertwhitton wrote: we know whats right and wrong within the organisation, and they know we know, and somewhat embarrassed about it all.
Enjoy your well-deserved rest sir !!
"We're under model" - oh no we're not - stick your lapse elsewhere ...