ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Ten year award pack

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by 5plusbonusball »

My 20th in the spring , my mate got £80 vouchers , but will I get through this christmas and winter? Hope I get laid off first!
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
piranha
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 496
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 09:30
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by piranha »

If you take the certificate off the plastic block thing and peel it off the backing it actually makes a pretty good photo frame, I have a picture from the great barrier reef in it in the bathroom!
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by krussel »

piranha wrote:If you take the certificate off the plastic block thing and peel it off the backing it actually makes a pretty good photo frame, I have a picture from the great barrier reef in it in the bathroom!

I think this about sums the whole thing up really. :thumbup
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by Lounge Lizard »

piranha wrote:If you take the certificate off the plastic block thing and peel it off the backing it actually makes a pretty good photo frame, I have a picture from the great barrier reef in it in the bathroom!
Well, the great barrier reef's about as far as you can get from Royal mail. :nana
Thunderthighs
Posts: 990
Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 19:42
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by Thunderthighs »

You only 20 years for murder! If they offer me a 10yr Award next year, Think I'll chose a 3 layer Goretex Jacket/Pants, totally waterproof shoes/boots and 2 weeks in Majorca.
Oh, soz, that was me...drifting off...again.
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by Lincox »

I was offered two months in the sun for my ten year award which was in July. Excitement ran through my veins until the Lino told me it was for extra lapsing during the summer down turn. :sad: :mad
rjack
Posts: 98
Joined: 26 Nov 2010, 09:42
Gender: Male
Location: wales

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by rjack »

for my ten year I had a consigner (remember that nonsense ) tie pin must be worth something now as a collectors item.
interesting
Posts: 217
Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by interesting »

After twenty years does it jump to thirty ?
baldrick
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 5038
Joined: 13 Sep 2007, 23:37
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by baldrick »

interesting wrote:After twenty years does it jump to thirty ?
Yes, next long term service award is at 30 years. I got the plastic block and brochure with choice of gifts. I chose £150 of John Lewis vouchers.
And I was invited to a day at a racecourse, which I didn't take up.
interesting
Posts: 217
Joined: 29 Jun 2012, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: Ten year award pack

Post by interesting »

2 more years for 30 then