ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Viewfindergeneral
Posts: 267
Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
Gender: Male

Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Post by Viewfindergeneral »

PhilPott wrote:I'd sooner deliver to a neighbour than have a frustrated customer - It's a service we now provide and a long overdue one at that. I've not noticed it adding time to my delivery but it's certainly saved me time messing about checking packets back in and taking redeliveries. Time I can now spend getting the next days D2D's in.

Win Win.
Troll alert....troll alert :no no
Gold Fox
Posts: 313
Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
Gender: Female

Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Post by Gold Fox »

I bet on day you will have to explain when neighbour say what packet ? bring a back , you be safe . Do not leave it at neighbour , put red card through.
PhilPott
Posts: 20
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Post by PhilPott »

I do put a P739 through - informing the customer with whom the item has been left.

No problems so far - and no redeliveries!
PhilPott
Posts: 20
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Post by PhilPott »

Viewfindergeneral wrote:
PhilPott wrote:I'd sooner deliver to a neighbour than have a frustrated customer - It's a service we now provide and a long overdue one at that. I've not noticed it adding time to my delivery but it's certainly saved me time messing about checking packets back in and taking redeliveries. Time I can now spend getting the next days D2D's in.

Win Win.
Troll alert....troll alert :no no
Sorry for using my paid work hours to help get the job done.
OnAFlyer
Posts: 1938
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
Gender: Male

Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Post by OnAFlyer »

PhilPott wrote:
Viewfindergeneral wrote:
PhilPott wrote:I'd sooner deliver to a neighbour than have a frustrated customer - It's a service we now provide and a long overdue one at that. I've not noticed it adding time to my delivery but it's certainly saved me time messing about checking packets back in and taking redeliveries. Time I can now spend getting the next days D2D's in.

Win Win.
Troll alert....troll alert :no no
Sorry for using my paid work hours to help get the job done.
Of you have time to deliver to neighbour, get back to the office early still and prep the next days D2D then your walk isn't long enough or you aren't lapsing enough hours.
thegreatestfreddy
Posts: 171
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Post by thegreatestfreddy »

i've not seen the 'courier special' but we had wtll tuesday and SAYE featured and Mark Higson's replacement on RMTV telling us thst we will be emtying post boxes on delivery (more boxes are being put in nationally)
thegreatestfreddy
Posts: 171
Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 19:57
Gender: Male

Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Post by thegreatestfreddy »

what's the impact on collection staff??.... will they be doing hybrid duties.... ie delivering what we are normally expected to lapse followed by a wave of later/last collections??
PhilPott
Posts: 20
Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
Gender: Male

Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"

Post by PhilPott »

OnAFlyer wrote:
Of you have time to deliver to neighbour, get back to the office early still and prep the next days D2D then your walk isn't long enough or you aren't lapsing enough hours.
I fully agree - there's a considerable number of lazyboys & lazygirls who don't in our office though.