Troll alert....troll alertPhilPott wrote:I'd sooner deliver to a neighbour than have a frustrated customer - It's a service we now provide and a long overdue one at that. I've not noticed it adding time to my delivery but it's certainly saved me time messing about checking packets back in and taking redeliveries. Time I can now spend getting the next days D2D's in.
Win Win.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
yet another courier "SPECIAL"
-
Viewfindergeneral
- Posts: 267
- Joined: 15 Dec 2008, 12:05
- Gender: Male
Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"
I bet on day you will have to explain when neighbour say what packet ? bring a back , you be safe . Do not leave it at neighbour , put red card through.
-
PhilPott
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"
I do put a P739 through - informing the customer with whom the item has been left.
No problems so far - and no redeliveries!
No problems so far - and no redeliveries!
-
PhilPott
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"
Sorry for using my paid work hours to help get the job done.Viewfindergeneral wrote:Troll alert....troll alertPhilPott wrote:I'd sooner deliver to a neighbour than have a frustrated customer - It's a service we now provide and a long overdue one at that. I've not noticed it adding time to my delivery but it's certainly saved me time messing about checking packets back in and taking redeliveries. Time I can now spend getting the next days D2D's in.
Win Win.
-
OnAFlyer
- Posts: 1938
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 14:24
- Gender: Male
Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"
Of you have time to deliver to neighbour, get back to the office early still and prep the next days D2D then your walk isn't long enough or you aren't lapsing enough hours.PhilPott wrote:Sorry for using my paid work hours to help get the job done.Viewfindergeneral wrote:Troll alert....troll alertPhilPott wrote:I'd sooner deliver to a neighbour than have a frustrated customer - It's a service we now provide and a long overdue one at that. I've not noticed it adding time to my delivery but it's certainly saved me time messing about checking packets back in and taking redeliveries. Time I can now spend getting the next days D2D's in.
Win Win.
-
thegreatestfreddy
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"
i've not seen the 'courier special' but we had wtll tuesday and SAYE featured and Mark Higson's replacement on RMTV telling us thst we will be emtying post boxes on delivery (more boxes are being put in nationally)
-
thegreatestfreddy
- Posts: 171
- Joined: 22 Mar 2010, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"
what's the impact on collection staff??.... will they be doing hybrid duties.... ie delivering what we are normally expected to lapse followed by a wave of later/last collections??
-
PhilPott
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 07 Aug 2014, 19:16
- Gender: Male
Re: yet another courier "SPECIAL"
I fully agree - there's a considerable number of lazyboys & lazygirls who don't in our office though.OnAFlyer wrote:
Of you have time to deliver to neighbour, get back to the office early still and prep the next days D2D then your walk isn't long enough or you aren't lapsing enough hours.