ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Dividend Payment

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hitcher
Posts: 1537
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by Hitcher »

krussel wrote:I know this sounds dumb but is it paid direct into your bank ?
Because it's nothing to do your wages.
SWIM
Posts: 425
Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
Gender: Male

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by SWIM »

£15 :roll:
'deal of the century' - dingo
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by wabbithunta »

bustedflush wrote:
krussel wrote:I know this sounds dumb but is it paid direct into your bank ?

Yes, I checked my online banking it went in today. It's strange as the transaction is listed as 'no information' unlike wages which are listed as CW..etc. It's a simple anonymous credit.

This is basically what my account lists it as:
Description: Royal Mail PLC
Amount: £96.96
Transaction: Dividend
Reference: Royal Mail SIP DIV
So that should show on your statement as the same (albeit amounts may vary)
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
Ihatework
Posts: 10
Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
Gender: Female

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by Ihatework »

Is this a regular payment? Annually? Or just a one off? I know f*** all about how shares work.
DemonPostie
Posts: 227
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
Gender: Male

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by DemonPostie »

Ihatework wrote:Is this a regular payment? Annually? Or just a one off? I know f*** all about how shares work.

I'm not sure if it's six-monthly or yearly, but as long as we stay in profit, we'll keep getting it. That means more lapsing, you lazy gits. Stop taking your breaks, start coming in early. I want my f***ing dividends, and I'm counting on YOU to make them big.
Gwynedd
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:10
Gender: Female

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by Gwynedd »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Whys everyone diff?
Different number of shares, it will vary quite widely because PTimers got it based on hours worked not contract. :Very Happy
That was when I was off with stress/anxiety and going through an ET .. hilarious!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Ihatework wrote:Is this a regular payment? Annually? Or just a one off? I know f*** all about how shares work.
http://www.royalmailgroup.com/investors ... nformation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dividends will normally be paid twice a year to shareholders and are a distribution of a portion of the company's profits.

We normally announce dividends at the same time as the annual and half-year results. Dividends are paid on a half-yearly basis. Royal Mail’s financial year end runs to the last Sunday in March each year. For each financial year it is our intention to pay any interim dividend in December or January and any final dividend in July or August subject to shareholder approval at the AGM.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
dave72
Posts: 415
Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
Gender: Male

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by dave72 »

£96 and a £200 LS for having vans :nana
pinstripe
Posts: 2474
Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
Gender: Male
Location: 2 left turns from reality

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by pinstripe »

Well I was going to buy a new yacht, but the bloomin butler has run off with the au pair and nicked the Bentley.
DB1100
Posts: 1976
Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by DB1100 »

I sent mine to my new friend in Nigeria who is going to send me 8.6 million from her uncle who was a Judge,aren't I lucky.
For we were soldiers once,and young
daveyeff
Posts: 4699
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
Gender: Male

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by daveyeff »

if the dividends are paid twice a year,,,why does it say ''final dividend'' on the payments slip, and 'type of payment'...final.? confusing and misleading to say the least.
dohnut
Posts: 658
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
Gender: Male

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by dohnut »

daveyeff wrote:if the dividends are paid twice a year,,,why does it say ''final dividend'' on the payments slip, and 'type of payment'...final.? confusing and misleading to say the least.


For each financial year it is our intention to pay any interim dividend in December or January and any final dividend in July or August subject to shareholder approval at the AGM. :arrrghhh
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Dividend Payment

Post by wabbithunta »

DB1100 wrote:I sent mine to my new friend in Nigeria who is going to send me 8.6 million from her uncle who was a Judge,aren't I lucky.

That's a nice return on your "investment".. Aren't you the lucky one!
BTW, your "new friends" are they related to those "Nigerian Prince's" and "Bankers" who keep sending me emails? I keep refusing their "generous" offers lol

:crazy: :nana
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"