Because it's nothing to do your wages.krussel wrote:I know this sounds dumb but is it paid direct into your bank ?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Dividend Payment
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1537
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Dividend Payment
-
SWIM
- Posts: 425
- Joined: 11 Jan 2010, 20:33
- Gender: Male
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Dividend Payment
bustedflush wrote:krussel wrote:I know this sounds dumb but is it paid direct into your bank ?
Yes, I checked my online banking it went in today. It's strange as the transaction is listed as 'no information' unlike wages which are listed as CW..etc. It's a simple anonymous credit.
This is basically what my account lists it as:
Description: Royal Mail PLC
Amount: £96.96
Transaction: Dividend
Reference: Royal Mail SIP DIV
So that should show on your statement as the same (albeit amounts may vary)
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
Ihatework
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 12 Apr 2012, 22:51
- Gender: Female
Re: Dividend Payment
Is this a regular payment? Annually? Or just a one off? I know f*** all about how shares work.
-
DemonPostie
- Posts: 227
- Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 21:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Dividend Payment
Ihatework wrote:Is this a regular payment? Annually? Or just a one off? I know f*** all about how shares work.
I'm not sure if it's six-monthly or yearly, but as long as we stay in profit, we'll keep getting it. That means more lapsing, you lazy gits. Stop taking your breaks, start coming in early. I want my f***ing dividends, and I'm counting on YOU to make them big.
-
Gwynedd
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 08 May 2014, 17:10
- Gender: Female
Re: Dividend Payment
That was when I was off with stress/anxiety and going through an ET .. hilarious!TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Different number of shares, it will vary quite widely because PTimers got it based on hours worked not contract.Chelseablue wrote:Whys everyone diff?
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Dividend Payment
http://www.royalmailgroup.com/investors ... nformation" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Ihatework wrote:Is this a regular payment? Annually? Or just a one off? I know f*** all about how shares work.
Dividends will normally be paid twice a year to shareholders and are a distribution of a portion of the company's profits.
We normally announce dividends at the same time as the annual and half-year results. Dividends are paid on a half-yearly basis. Royal Mail’s financial year end runs to the last Sunday in March each year. For each financial year it is our intention to pay any interim dividend in December or January and any final dividend in July or August subject to shareholder approval at the AGM.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
dave72
- Posts: 415
- Joined: 30 Nov 2010, 14:54
- Gender: Male
Re: Dividend Payment
£96 and a £200 LS for having vans 
-
pinstripe
- Posts: 2474
- Joined: 25 May 2007, 16:42
- Gender: Male
- Location: 2 left turns from reality
Re: Dividend Payment
Well I was going to buy a new yacht, but the bloomin butler has run off with the au pair and nicked the Bentley.
-
DB1100
- Posts: 1976
- Joined: 10 Sep 2007, 14:30
Re: Dividend Payment
I sent mine to my new friend in Nigeria who is going to send me 8.6 million from her uncle who was a Judge,aren't I lucky.
For we were soldiers once,and young
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Dividend Payment
if the dividends are paid twice a year,,,why does it say ''final dividend'' on the payments slip, and 'type of payment'...final.? confusing and misleading to say the least.
-
dohnut
- Posts: 658
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:15
- Gender: Male
Re: Dividend Payment
daveyeff wrote:if the dividends are paid twice a year,,,why does it say ''final dividend'' on the payments slip, and 'type of payment'...final.? confusing and misleading to say the least.
For each financial year it is our intention to pay any interim dividend in December or January and any final dividend in July or August subject to shareholder approval at the AGM.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Dividend Payment
DB1100 wrote:I sent mine to my new friend in Nigeria who is going to send me 8.6 million from her uncle who was a Judge,aren't I lucky.
That's a nice return on your "investment".. Aren't you the lucky one!
BTW, your "new friends" are they related to those "Nigerian Prince's" and "Bankers" who keep sending me emails? I keep refusing their "generous" offers lol
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"