ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
-
halfull
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 858
- Joined: 22 Jan 2011, 13:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
off work this week thank god, id rather deliver in freezing frosty conditions than this heat 
-
joeyuk
- Posts: 93
- Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 13:24
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
Last two days have been tough. They have cut morning OT so now have to pick up OT and work my rest day to make my money up. Done a extra half round wed/thurs and its been a killer, my partner was dead on his feet towards the end today. Defo no OT friday or saturday. We normally finish about 30mins early on Friday so can take it easy tomorrow and have rest between loops.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
Say you're not delivering due to health and safety aspect
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
Laugh? I almost sh@t!! We had the DIM on the tannoy today telling us to stay in the shade when we can, take plenty of water and take breaks etc. Some smart-ass then went up to him and said "Great, an early finish as I only have to deliver half my round that's in the shade!" I simply said that as my round is mainly E-W in aspect, I'd be delivering none of it. I then told the lino that it must be hot and steamy round the coffee machine too. What BS.
-
mlw
- Posts: 182
- Joined: 12 Sep 2013, 21:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
Why cant we start early in summer and finish by 1130 i mean all the mail is in our office at about 5 yet ft done start until 7 its a joke its like they just want to piss people off, i asked dom if we can start early he just says no thats the way it is now, i thought the union agreed with management to make this job more family friendly yet i wont finish to nearly 3 tomorrow as usual!bustedflush wrote:Laugh? I almost sh@t!! We had the DIM on the tannoy today telling us to stay in the shade when we can, take plenty of water and take breaks etc. Some smart-ass then went up to him and said "Great, an early finish as I only have to deliver half my round that's in the shade!" I simply said that as my round is mainly E-W in aspect, I'd be delivering none of it. I then told the lino that it must be hot and steamy round the coffee machine too. What BS.
-
5plusbonusball
- Posts: 1136
- Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: up north of watford
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
Our linos were off to the pub again today, in the shade, then back to the office when we got back, however still they finish at 10 saturdays, needs monitoring - they're taking the proverbial. 
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
Only once have I seen the full complement of DIM/linos in the office when I got back on a Saturday, that was only because of a ridiculously early 1130 finish and 1140 return to office. They obviously have an 'agreement' where each Saturday one will stay until 1pm and the rest all p!ss-off early. Half their job is usually done by those on 'light duties' anyway.5plusbonusball wrote:Our linos were off to the pub again today, in the shade, then back to the office when we got back, however still they finish at 10 saturdays, needs monitoring - they're taking the proverbial.
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
That happened to me today too. Had a 2 litre bottle of melted iced water and have only just had a p1ss which was also dark, I've only had 2 p1sses all day! Also got a splitting headache and feel generally jank.bustedflush wrote:I got through a 2-litre bottle of melting ice today, still never needed a p!ss when I got back to the office, and when I did one just now it was very dark.
You MUST take adequate water out, it could save your life. Knock on a door if you run out and get the parcel recipient to refill your bottle.
We had a terrible heavy day today, 29c and it was either rush to get it done or have argument with the DIM about summer lapsing.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
Perhaps Teebs could provide a separate forum for those who feel the need to detail the volume and colour of their urine.
Maybe he could make it a sticky?
Maybe he could make it a sticky?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
There was no volume mentioned, just approximate time and frequency of said bladder movements. However, a shade chart from v. light yellow (pub-p!ss after 4th. pint onwards) to dark brown (nearly fatally dehydrated) at the top of the thread would help immensely as it would spare description. We could simply move our cursor over the appropriate colour to report our particular state of dehydration after summer lapsing and daily workload. Should anybody collapse, their partner can inform the paramedics so that a sample can be taken in hospital (after they've peeled the high-vis off the poor sod's sweaty back) and posted later on their behalf.clashcityrocker wrote:Perhaps Teebs could provide a separate forum for those who feel the need to detail the volume and colour of their urine.
Maybe he could make it a sticky?
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
I'd look into this if I were you because we are having a meeting regards this tomorrow and the word is we will be asked if we'd like to start earlier.mlw wrote:Why cant we start early in summer and finish by 1130 i mean all the mail is in our office at about 5 yet ft done start until 7 its a joke its like they just want to piss people off, i asked dom if we can start early he just says no thats the way it is now, i thought the union agreed with management to make this job more family friendly yet i wont finish to nearly 3 tomorrow as usual!bustedflush wrote:Laugh? I almost sh@t!! We had the DIM on the tannoy today telling us to stay in the shade when we can, take plenty of water and take breaks etc. Some smart-ass then went up to him and said "Great, an early finish as I only have to deliver half my round that's in the shade!" I simply said that as my round is mainly E-W in aspect, I'd be delivering none of it. I then told the lino that it must be hot and steamy round the coffee machine too. What BS.
It's a no Brainer really, catch more people in earlier, better morale and avoid the hotter part of the day, what's not to like.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
bustedflush wrote: However, a shade chart from v. light yellow (pub-p!ss after 4th. pint onwards) to dark brown (nearly fatally dehydrated


All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
bustedflush
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1493
- Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:bustedflush wrote: However, a shade chart from v. light yellow (pub-p!ss after 4th. pint onwards) to dark brown (nearly fatally dehydrated
Thanks...lol...
Today I was at number 7 easily, and that was after drinking 2 litres of melting ice-water. My back was wet with sweat, and yes I had to take that bloody tabard off I couldn't take the thing stopping my shirt from cooling my back any longer. I also developed a headache and lethargy towards the end of the walk. And it's Wednesday tomorrow, double-lapsing, more calls and packets plus another degree or two hotter. I can't wait.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
I felt dizzy ,and light headed
-
Barbel
- Posts: 593
- Joined: 21 Sep 2012, 16:11
- Gender: Male
Re: Very warm thu-fri ,weather warning
Same here! Don't get me wrong, I love the heat but not when I have to work in it.halfull wrote:off work this week thank god, id rather deliver in freezing frosty conditions than this heat