ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Seniority is all wrong....
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Oh young people,,everything's on there plates, they dress like soft pansys, the beard thing wtf. Looks ridiculous,looked good on tramps yrs ago.,,where are the young clash pistols etc now? All boy bands ,folk dribble and safe boring rubbish. Us oldies are the futureeeeeeee
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Did you mention it was a 6 day week, got wet through on the first delivery, 40 minute break and then went through it all again and got wet through for a second time - oh and as for a 4 letter 2nd delivery...............our 2nd deliveries when I started consisted of all 2nd class mail and all mailsort - usually bigger than the first delivery and you really did have to motor to get that sucker finished.Dumpys Rusty Nuts wrote:NOT REALLY GROWN UP AND NOT REALLY THE TRADE UNION WAY . Nope, its called what really happened and couldn't give a toss about Moya,s union.Hey , maybe all new starters can come in work every day and the older postmen can throw there deliveries out for them while they have a brew and a fag, Oh and put a tenner a piece extra in there pay packet, they deserve it much more than them old uns.
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Im expected to cover any walk I'm put on.......getting close to thirty duties now......I just don't care.....they only have me till my finish time.....if I want overtime I work it...if not I'll cut off...
I get "old timers" trying it on but I've learned to politely decline and be aware of what work I should be doing....I get paid the same as the folk that have been there for a while and almost cry if they have to do another walk...
Some have actually said that as I've only been in a couple of years I know nothing.....
Well I'd argue that point but seing as I'm not scared for my job and don't skive to survive I don't even bother I just treat others as they treat me.
Its a bummer when you get left standing in the rain lol ...
But back on point ...if you have been in the job for years...should everyone be treated as badly as you were when you started?
If the answer is yes....then you missed the point of societal progression.

I get "old timers" trying it on but I've learned to politely decline and be aware of what work I should be doing....I get paid the same as the folk that have been there for a while and almost cry if they have to do another walk...
Some have actually said that as I've only been in a couple of years I know nothing.....
Well I'd argue that point but seing as I'm not scared for my job and don't skive to survive I don't even bother I just treat others as they treat me.
Its a bummer when you get left standing in the rain lol ...
But back on point ...if you have been in the job for years...should everyone be treated as badly as you were when you started?
If the answer is yes....then you missed the point of societal progression.
I won
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
spiderj wrote:then you missed the point of societal progression.
Not too sure I'm familiar with that position what page of the KS English edition is it - I'm only on page 32
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Its not in the picture only editiondvbuk55 wrote:spiderj wrote:then you missed the point of societal progression.
Not too sure I'm familiar with that position what page of the KS English edition is it - I'm only on page 32
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Is it in the beano?
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Hey I'm not illiterit, I can reed a bit though anything over 4 joined up lettersTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its not in the picture only editiondvbuk55 wrote:spiderj wrote:then you missed the point of societal progression.
Not too sure I'm familiar with that position what page of the KS English edition is it - I'm only on page 32![]()
-
gary1975
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
- Gender: Male
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
I used to slag off seniority ,now I've got some and used it I think it's a bloody great idea, when I started I did my rip on every or any duty usually the office shocker, you just have to put your time in. I've been pulled off my duty because a reserve does not know a duty, how are you suppose to learn if you never do it, it's not like they would send you out with a map and you start there see you later like they used to pre p&l
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Loldvbuk55 wrote:Hey I'm not illiterit, I can reed a bit though anything over 4 joined up lettersTrueBlueTerrier wrote:Its not in the picture only editiondvbuk55 wrote:spiderj wrote:then you missed the point of societal progression.
Not too sure I'm familiar with that position what page of the KS English edition is it - I'm only on page 32![]()
Its not from a book
But surely for society to progress it needs to evolve?
I.e improve
Its an idealist position but hey.got to try?
P.s I'm more a pictures person too,.
I won
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
spiderj wrote:Its an idealist position but hey.got to try. P.s I'm more a pictures person too,.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
The argument appears to be: My uncle buggered me so my nephew should accept his buggering gladly.
I prefer to try and emulate those posties who have helped me rather than those that have tried to shaft me.
The strong helping the weak - that's the trade union way.
I prefer to try and emulate those posties who have helped me rather than those that have tried to shaft me.
The strong helping the weak - that's the trade union way.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Was the trade union way clash - that sentiment has long gone - from the top down.clashcityrocker wrote:The strong helping the weak - that's the trade union way.
-
wookie
- Posts: 319
- Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
I find in my office its the young 'uns (new starters) who are carving the job up, to the Doms pleasure of course. What the hell would they be like if they were on a, so called, 'easy' walk?
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
Heh hehdvbuk55 wrote:spiderj wrote:Its an idealist position but hey.got to try. P.s I'm more a pictures person too,.Could you send me a picture of the idealist position spider - oh and cc in TBT who I believe is also KS curious
Its not the usual position adopted by those who believe that to succeed you must be servile
Helping?
I won
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Re: Seniority is all wrong....
In my experience as a spare we do get pressurized by our p+l partners into coming in early, not taking breaks and run around like mad, because that's exactly what their regular partner does. All the DOM see's is that the regular duty-holders always finish well before time why shouldn't you. I always fear the worst when DOM says I'm on an easy walk this week because I know it'll be the exact opposite.wookie wrote:I find in my office its the young 'uns (new starters) who are carving the job up, to the Doms pleasure of course. What the hell would they be like if they were on a, so called, 'easy' walk?
It's definitely not only the new-starts who make this job more difficult than it needs to be.