ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Seniority is all wrong....

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by Chelseablue »

Oh young people,,everything's on there plates, they dress like soft pansys, the beard thing wtf. Looks ridiculous,looked good on tramps yrs ago.,,where are the young clash pistols etc now? All boy bands ,folk dribble and safe boring rubbish. Us oldies are the futureeeeeeee
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by dvbuk55 »

Dumpys Rusty Nuts wrote:NOT REALLY GROWN UP AND NOT REALLY THE TRADE UNION WAY . Nope, its called what really happened and couldn't give a toss about Moya,s union.Hey , maybe all new starters can come in work every day and the older postmen can throw there deliveries out for them while they have a brew and a fag, Oh and put a tenner a piece extra in there pay packet, they deserve it much more than them old uns.
Did you mention it was a 6 day week, got wet through on the first delivery, 40 minute break and then went through it all again and got wet through for a second time - oh and as for a 4 letter 2nd delivery...............our 2nd deliveries when I started consisted of all 2nd class mail and all mailsort - usually bigger than the first delivery and you really did have to motor to get that sucker finished.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by spiderj »

Im expected to cover any walk I'm put on.......getting close to thirty duties now......I just don't care.....they only have me till my finish time.....if I want overtime I work it...if not I'll cut off...

I get "old timers" trying it on but I've learned to politely decline and be aware of what work I should be doing....I get paid the same as the folk that have been there for a while and almost cry if they have to do another walk...

Some have actually said that as I've only been in a couple of years I know nothing.....

Well I'd argue that point but seing as I'm not scared for my job and don't skive to survive I don't even bother I just treat others as they treat me.

Its a bummer when you get left standing in the rain lol ...

But back on point ...if you have been in the job for years...should everyone be treated as badly as you were when you started?
If the answer is yes....then you missed the point of societal progression.

:nana
I won
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by dvbuk55 »

spiderj wrote:then you missed the point of societal progression.:nana

Not too sure I'm familiar with that position what page of the KS English edition is it - I'm only on page 32 :cuppa
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

dvbuk55 wrote:
spiderj wrote:then you missed the point of societal progression.:nana

Not too sure I'm familiar with that position what page of the KS English edition is it - I'm only on page 32 :cuppa
Its not in the picture only edition :chuckle :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by Chelseablue »

Is it in the beano?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by dvbuk55 »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
spiderj wrote:then you missed the point of societal progression.:nana

Not too sure I'm familiar with that position what page of the KS English edition is it - I'm only on page 32 :cuppa
Its not in the picture only edition :chuckle :chuckle
Hey I'm not illiterit, I can reed a bit though anything over 4 joined up letters :shock:
gary1975
Posts: 482
Joined: 16 Apr 2011, 13:41
Gender: Male

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by gary1975 »

I used to slag off seniority ,now I've got some and used it I think it's a bloody great idea, when I started I did my rip on every or any duty usually the office shocker, you just have to put your time in. I've been pulled off my duty because a reserve does not know a duty, how are you suppose to learn if you never do it, it's not like they would send you out with a map and you start there see you later like they used to pre p&l
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by spiderj »

dvbuk55 wrote:
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:
spiderj wrote:then you missed the point of societal progression.:nana

Not too sure I'm familiar with that position what page of the KS English edition is it - I'm only on page 32 :cuppa
Its not in the picture only edition :chuckle :chuckle
Hey I'm not illiterit, I can reed a bit though anything over 4 joined up letters :shock:
Lol
Its not from a book
But surely for society to progress it needs to evolve?
I.e improve
Its an idealist position but hey.got to try?
P.s I'm more a pictures person too,.
:nana
I won
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by dvbuk55 »

spiderj wrote:Its an idealist position but hey.got to try. P.s I'm more a pictures person too,.:nana
:hmmmm Could you send me a picture of the idealist position spider - oh and cc in TBT who I believe is also KS curious :whistle
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16726
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by clashcityrocker »

The argument appears to be: My uncle buggered me so my nephew should accept his buggering gladly.

I prefer to try and emulate those posties who have helped me rather than those that have tried to shaft me.
The strong helping the weak - that's the trade union way.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by dvbuk55 »

clashcityrocker wrote:The strong helping the weak - that's the trade union way.
Was the trade union way clash - that sentiment has long gone - from the top down.
wookie
Posts: 319
Joined: 30 Dec 2011, 12:38
Gender: Male

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by wookie »

I find in my office its the young 'uns (new starters) who are carving the job up, to the Doms pleasure of course. What the hell would they be like if they were on a, so called, 'easy' walk?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by spiderj »

dvbuk55 wrote:
spiderj wrote:Its an idealist position but hey.got to try. P.s I'm more a pictures person too,.:nana
:hmmmm Could you send me a picture of the idealist position spider - oh and cc in TBT who I believe is also KS curious :whistle
Heh heh
Its not the usual position adopted by those who believe that to succeed you must be servile
Helping?
:wave
I won
Newbie001
Posts: 474
Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
Gender: Male

Re: Seniority is all wrong....

Post by Newbie001 »

wookie wrote:I find in my office its the young 'uns (new starters) who are carving the job up, to the Doms pleasure of course. What the hell would they be like if they were on a, so called, 'easy' walk?
In my experience as a spare we do get pressurized by our p+l partners into coming in early, not taking breaks and run around like mad, because that's exactly what their regular partner does. All the DOM see's is that the regular duty-holders always finish well before time why shouldn't you. I always fear the worst when DOM says I'm on an easy walk this week because I know it'll be the exact opposite.

It's definitely not only the new-starts who make this job more difficult than it needs to be.