ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Ill Health Retirement.
-
mudpie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 25
- Joined: 06 Apr 2014, 10:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement.
Not heard anything yet, but I am in Norfolk at the moment and live in Cornwall!!
-
thechemisyshop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement.
i think it was about 4 weeks after i left,, they send you a letter asking what you want to do.,, i took the cash as i need it for a new business startup
-
peppapig
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Female
Re: Ill Health Retirement.
im 34, 18 years service, been offered ihr package, but was wondering what will happen with my pension? anyone know, the pensions website is like a foreign language to me 
-
thechemisyshop
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 156
- Joined: 09 Oct 2011, 20:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Ill Health Retirement.
pension gets deferred till retirement age
-
peppapig
- Posts: 61
- Joined: 05 Sep 2009, 19:07
- Gender: Female
Re: Ill Health Retirement.
Thankyou :-)thechemisyshop wrote:pension gets deferred till retirement age
-
spennycfc
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 25 Jan 2018, 16:09
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.
bit confused!!! ill health retirement, is this basically a years pay? all this 34 wks and 9 wks in liue?
-
michris
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 06 Feb 2008, 18:36
- Gender: Male
- Location: where wife cant find me
Ill Health Retirement.
can anyone help with this query please
if I get IHR with full pension as I'm not able to work again, does that mean I leave just with my full 65 pension as I'm already taking my 60 pension
meaning I don't get any of the 34 week payment or pillion
as I'm within 2 years of retiring anyway it would mean I would lose nearly 20 grand
thanks in advance for help
if I get IHR with full pension as I'm not able to work again, does that mean I leave just with my full 65 pension as I'm already taking my 60 pension
meaning I don't get any of the 34 week payment or pillion
as I'm within 2 years of retiring anyway it would mean I would lose nearly 20 grand
thanks in advance for help
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6702
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.
That’s the way I understand it.michris wrote:can anyone help with this query please
if I get IHR with full pension as I'm not able to work again, does that mean I leave just with my full 65 pension as I'm already taking my 60 pension
It’s either 34 weeks pay plus PILON or your pension, which you may or may not choose to take a lump sum from.meaning I don't get any of the 34 week payment or pillion
You wouldn’t lose it, you just wouldn’t get it.as I'm within 2 years of retiring anyway it would mean I would lose nearly 20 grand
thanks in advance for help
There’s been quite a few leave my office on IHR over the last few years and they’ve all been given the lump sum, so i think in practice 'IHR with pension' is probably quite rare. Although it obviously depends on your condition and the doctors opinion to a large degree.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
michris
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 06 Feb 2008, 18:36
- Gender: Male
- Location: where wife cant find me
Ill Health Retirement.
thank you ROBERT T
I suppose I can push for IHR plus pillion
then take my 65 pension after
is that possible ?
I suppose I can push for IHR plus pillion
then take my 65 pension after
is that possible ?
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6702
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.
Getting ‘IHR with lump sum’ is effectively the same as resigning as far as your pension is concerned. So it will be deferred until you take it.michris wrote:thank you ROBERT T
I suppose I can push for IHR plus pillion
then take my 65 pension after
is that possible ?
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
michris
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 06 Feb 2008, 18:36
- Gender: Male
- Location: where wife cant find me
Ill Health Retirement.
sorry for being a pain
I'm still a bit confused about the IHR part of the new agreement
at present option1)is IHR with immediate pension if you are unable to work again
or option2)IHR lump sum + pillion if you are unable to do your duty and royal mail are not able to find you an alternative job.
with this option you would be able to find another job immediately with somebody else
the new agreement gives you 50%pensionable pay for 3 years less benefits
if you were able find work somewhere else after taking IHR under the new agreement you would not be getting any benefits as you would be working
how would this work and what would you get
I'm still a bit confused about the IHR part of the new agreement
at present option1)is IHR with immediate pension if you are unable to work again
or option2)IHR lump sum + pillion if you are unable to do your duty and royal mail are not able to find you an alternative job.
with this option you would be able to find another job immediately with somebody else
the new agreement gives you 50%pensionable pay for 3 years less benefits
if you were able find work somewhere else after taking IHR under the new agreement you would not be getting any benefits as you would be working
how would this work and what would you get
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6702
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Ill Health Retirement.
It also gives a lump sum payment after the 3 years and payment of your accrued pension benefits.michris wrote:sorry for being a pain
I'm still a bit confused about the IHR part of the new agreement
at present option1)is IHR with immediate pension if you are unable to work again
or option2)IHR lump sum + pillion if you are unable to do your duty and royal mail are not able to find you an alternative job.
with this option you would be able to find another job immediately with somebody else
the new agreement gives you 50%pensionable pay for 3 years less benefits
if you were able find work somewhere else after taking IHR under the new agreement you would not be getting any benefits as you would be working
It isn’t clear what they mean by state benefits. It could be Job Seekers Allowance, Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Redundancy Pay or maybe a few other things.
At the moment we only really know the vague info we’ve been given, so I for one can’t answer that with any degree of certainty. Presumably we’ll find out when the agreement is voted in, assuming it is!how would this work and what would you get
Links to all RM pension related websites are here