ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Hitcher
Posts: 1537
Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by Hitcher »

...and it's safe and secure to do so
...assess which of the neighbours is in a conveniently close location
...Look for signs of potential occupancy (as in checklist point 2)
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by wabbithunta »

Hitcher wrote:
...and it's safe and secure to do so
...assess which of the neighbours is in a conveniently close location
...Look for signs of potential occupancy (as in checklist point 2)
Also it should be down to the posties discretion, that's to say if the postie also deems it's actually safe to do so.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Didn't you know lads delivering a neighbour is always possible. :roll:

Image

always safe :chuckle

Image

and the neighbours are so welcoming :nervous

Image
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by wabbithunta »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Didn't you know lads delivering a neighbour is always possible. :roll:

Image

always safe :chuckle

Image

and the neighbours are so welcoming :nervous

Image

These people are not exactly what I'd call classy.. and you'd need a hell of a lot more than "beer googles" with that lot too :crazy:

And what's with the white van, in the background, with that rather large satellite dish on it?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Its the Dewsbury Moor estate - the estate of Shannon Mathews - and that's her mums neighbours.

The big dish probably Sky News, BBC or some other station.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Harv12
Posts: 158
Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by Harv12 »

i'll only knock on neigbour and leave with them if i HAVE THE TIME, the further i get around the less time iv got, so its tough shite, if you want your stuff be in simple as that, or shorten my duty,
Kings Norton
Posts: 320
Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by Kings Norton »

We got told yesterday that if you knock on with a tracked and the person is out and both neighbors are out and you get back to the office before your finishing time we have to go and try again. And again this has been agreed with the union.......
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by eastie »

What about important documents, solicitors letters,letters from the police etc not everyone wants their business handed to neighbours
. Also Ticketmaster sending tickets through the post tracked , it says 'don't deliver to neighbours'
Jambomatt1874
Posts: 168
Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by Jambomatt1874 »

This has been ill thought out by Royal Mail. I don't do neighbours now cause I'm fed up being told, I don't get on with them, I won't see them, you knocked on my door for that, do you know I'm bloody night shift.
Using my discretion a shut notice is the best way
Lincox
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3485
Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by Lincox »

If the neighbours door is knockable from the same position or someone is in the garden then I will attempt. Any form of extra walking up and down gardens is a definite no no. The bloody job is killing my legs, knees, back and every other moving part without creating any more work. Has anyone seen any communication from CWU or Royal Mail holding us blameless for any missing mail delivered to neighbours? I dont think so.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by fly-catchers »

Lincox wrote:If the neighbours door is knockable from the same position or someone is in the garden then I will attempt. Any form of extra walking up and down gardens is a definite no no. The bloody job is killing my legs, knees, back and every other moving part without creating any more work. Has anyone seen any communication from CWU or Royal Mail holding us blameless for any missing mail delivered to neighbours? I dont think so.
Quite agree. My knees are wrecked thanks to RM. So I don't walk an extra inch that I don't have to! :nana
BoltonPostie
Posts: 328
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
Gender: Male
Location: Up s**t creek.

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by BoltonPostie »

Kings Norton wrote:We got told yesterday that if you knock on with a tracked and the person is out and both neighbors are out and you get back to the office before your finishing time we have to go and try again. And again this has been agreed with the union.......
They have started doing this at ours,funny how non of the drivers who are mates with the head rep :roll: got sent out again,although to be fair our sub rep tongue lashed the goons and the main rep. :Applause
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by Jpro747 »

Our duties are filled to the brim, theres just no time to do this on top of what we've already got to do, especially if they want us to do lapsing as well. I'll be carrying on as I always have done, I'll try neighbours if I know they don't mind taking parcels and if not its p739 time. Sorry RM but you can't have your cake and eat it.
Sidley
Posts: 653
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by Sidley »

RM CAN have their cake and eat it but only after I've eaten it first.
rogerdawcy
Posts: 20
Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 18:22
Gender: Male

Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''

Post by rogerdawcy »

Let's not forget that always fun situation - asking a neighbour and getting an earful because they hate everyone on the street.