...and it's safe and secure to do so
...assess which of the neighbours is in a conveniently close location
...Look for signs of potential occupancy (as in checklist point 2)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
-
Hitcher
- Posts: 1537
- Joined: 20 Sep 2009, 09:59
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Also it should be down to the posties discretion, that's to say if the postie also deems it's actually safe to do so.Hitcher wrote:...and it's safe and secure to do so
...assess which of the neighbours is in a conveniently close location
...Look for signs of potential occupancy (as in checklist point 2)
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Didn't you know lads delivering a neighbour is always possible.

always safe

and the neighbours are so welcoming


always safe

and the neighbours are so welcoming

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:Didn't you know lads delivering a neighbour is always possible.![]()
always safe
and the neighbours are so welcoming
These people are not exactly what I'd call classy.. and you'd need a hell of a lot more than "beer googles" with that lot too
And what's with the white van, in the background, with that rather large satellite dish on it?
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72763
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Its the Dewsbury Moor estate - the estate of Shannon Mathews - and that's her mums neighbours.
The big dish probably Sky News, BBC or some other station.
The big dish probably Sky News, BBC or some other station.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Harv12
- Posts: 158
- Joined: 12 Nov 2013, 18:25
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
i'll only knock on neigbour and leave with them if i HAVE THE TIME, the further i get around the less time iv got, so its tough shite, if you want your stuff be in simple as that, or shorten my duty,
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
We got told yesterday that if you knock on with a tracked and the person is out and both neighbors are out and you get back to the office before your finishing time we have to go and try again. And again this has been agreed with the union.......
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
What about important documents, solicitors letters,letters from the police etc not everyone wants their business handed to neighbours
. Also Ticketmaster sending tickets through the post tracked , it says 'don't deliver to neighbours'
. Also Ticketmaster sending tickets through the post tracked , it says 'don't deliver to neighbours'
-
Jambomatt1874
- Posts: 168
- Joined: 30 Mar 2010, 19:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
This has been ill thought out by Royal Mail. I don't do neighbours now cause I'm fed up being told, I don't get on with them, I won't see them, you knocked on my door for that, do you know I'm bloody night shift.
Using my discretion a shut notice is the best way
Using my discretion a shut notice is the best way
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
If the neighbours door is knockable from the same position or someone is in the garden then I will attempt. Any form of extra walking up and down gardens is a definite no no. The bloody job is killing my legs, knees, back and every other moving part without creating any more work. Has anyone seen any communication from CWU or Royal Mail holding us blameless for any missing mail delivered to neighbours? I dont think so.
-
fly-catchers
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 573
- Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Quite agree. My knees are wrecked thanks to RM. So I don't walk an extra inch that I don't have to!Lincox wrote:If the neighbours door is knockable from the same position or someone is in the garden then I will attempt. Any form of extra walking up and down gardens is a definite no no. The bloody job is killing my legs, knees, back and every other moving part without creating any more work. Has anyone seen any communication from CWU or Royal Mail holding us blameless for any missing mail delivered to neighbours? I dont think so.
-
BoltonPostie
- Posts: 328
- Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 17:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Up s**t creek.
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
They have started doing this at ours,funny how non of the drivers who are mates with the head repKings Norton wrote:We got told yesterday that if you knock on with a tracked and the person is out and both neighbors are out and you get back to the office before your finishing time we have to go and try again. And again this has been agreed with the union.......
The grabbing hands
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
Grab all they can
All for themselves
After all
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Our duties are filled to the brim, theres just no time to do this on top of what we've already got to do, especially if they want us to do lapsing as well. I'll be carrying on as I always have done, I'll try neighbours if I know they don't mind taking parcels and if not its p739 time. Sorry RM but you can't have your cake and eat it.
-
Sidley
- Posts: 653
- Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 22:01
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
RM CAN have their cake and eat it but only after I've eaten it first.
-
rogerdawcy
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 10 Feb 2011, 18:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Delivery To Neighbours now a ''Royal Mail Standard''
Let's not forget that always fun situation - asking a neighbour and getting an earful because they hate everyone on the street.