ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
-
Gold Fox
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 06 Jun 2014, 20:50
- Gender: Female
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
I am on different walks, more or less, every day ... and I missdelivered ALL the time .... I just turn blind eye ...and ignore it ...and many time deny it.
-
krussel
- Posts: 5300
- Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
- Gender: Male
- Location: Out on the streets.
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
wacko74 wrote:Very unlikely! Most of the time they complain insisting that it has happened ''dozens of times''krussel wrote:Sometimes your damned if you do and damned if you don't.![]()
You just hope that the people who receive the wrong mail are at least half human and have some degree of understanding.
Yes sadly your right. Then they open it and re seal with tape before plastering it with felt pen before finally shoving it back into a post box when it was actually meant for next door.
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
And also don't forget they have it all folded up/creased and carried around for a few days, as it always looks a right mess when you get it back, as well as being covered in greasy stains, and having phone numbers etc on it, before sticking it back in the post.krussel wrote:wacko74 wrote:Very unlikely! Most of the time they complain insisting that it has happened ''dozens of times''krussel wrote:Sometimes your damned if you do and damned if you don't.![]()
You just hope that the people who receive the wrong mail are at least half human and have some degree of understanding.
Yes sadly your right. Then they open it and re seal with tape before plastering it with felt pen before finally shoving it back into a post box when it was actually meant for next door.
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
In the absence of the P6543 cards that are like gold dust in our office (as bad as getting hold of redirection/damaged item bags) this is probably the approach I shall take whenever I forget to take out my Basildon Bond stationery kit with me!!!norm wrote:Anyway upon realising mistake I knocked on the houses none answered, so tore 739 in half, crossed out 'something for you' put 'apologies' above and wrote in address box the mistake.
-
framusjsx
- Posts: 88
- Joined: 15 Mar 2012, 16:53
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
I use a 739 after knocking if there is no answer.
It always baffles me how for example if number 1 gets mail for number 2 its a HUGE chore for them to walk 10 feet to the next house and pop it in. Ive had someone chase me a good 5/600 metres down the road with a wrong letter to tell me I delivered it wrong - they walked past the house it was for on the way to see me and on the way back..
It always baffles me how for example if number 1 gets mail for number 2 its a HUGE chore for them to walk 10 feet to the next house and pop it in. Ive had someone chase me a good 5/600 metres down the road with a wrong letter to tell me I delivered it wrong - they walked past the house it was for on the way to see me and on the way back..
-
villan
- Posts: 79
- Joined: 15 Oct 2011, 17:27
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
Following a day off I had someone open their front door just as I arrived at it. It was a lady vicar, no less. She handed me a letter which had been misdelivered and was for her neighbour, whose letterbox was literally no more than 4 feet away.framusjsx wrote:I use a 739 after knocking if there is no answer.
It always baffles me how for example if number 1 gets mail for number 2 its a HUGE chore for them to walk 10 feet to the next house and pop it in. Ive had someone chase me a good 5/600 metres down the road with a wrong letter to tell me I delivered it wrong - they walked past the house it was for on the way to see me and on the way back..
I assume she did it to make a point, not because it was too much effort for her to deliver it herself.
I can't think why she didn't get God to deliver it for her
-
deristrong
- Posts: 195
- Joined: 15 Nov 2013, 09:28
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
God's day off?villan wrote:Following a day off I had someone open their front door just as I arrived at it. It was a lady vicar, no less. She handed me a letter which had been misdelivered and was for her neighbour, whose letterbox was literally no more than 4 feet away.framusjsx wrote:I use a 739 after knocking if there is no answer.
It always baffles me how for example if number 1 gets mail for number 2 its a HUGE chore for them to walk 10 feet to the next house and pop it in. Ive had someone chase me a good 5/600 metres down the road with a wrong letter to tell me I delivered it wrong - they walked past the house it was for on the way to see me and on the way back..
I assume she did it to make a point, not because it was too much effort for her to deliver it herself.
I can't think why she didn't get God to deliver it for her
-
CharlesSpooner
- Posts: 383
- Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 15:22
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
I'll knock on and ask for it back. If there's no answer I'll forget about it. Accidents happen.
Had one a few weeks ago where a tool of a lino in our office came round to my frame bleating about a misdelivery. I told him I couldn't remember a misdelivery on the date he said and he carried on ranting about "counselling" and so forth. He was positively relishing it and to be honest it seemed like fun so I went along with it. Following morning he calls me into the office and starts telling me how serious it is and I interrupt ask him for the address again.
"Oh sorry - that's on my walk but it's not one of my loops. J**** delivered that"
Now J**** is one of the golden boys who loves to come in early, run around and grumble about me taking breaks and using trollies. And the week of the misdelivery he was covering my regular P&L partner. I politely offered to call J**** in to take my place for the counselling session but my offer was refused.
Not sure if J**** ever got his counselling in the end. Ho-hum.
Had one a few weeks ago where a tool of a lino in our office came round to my frame bleating about a misdelivery. I told him I couldn't remember a misdelivery on the date he said and he carried on ranting about "counselling" and so forth. He was positively relishing it and to be honest it seemed like fun so I went along with it. Following morning he calls me into the office and starts telling me how serious it is and I interrupt ask him for the address again.
"Oh sorry - that's on my walk but it's not one of my loops. J**** delivered that"
Now J**** is one of the golden boys who loves to come in early, run around and grumble about me taking breaks and using trollies. And the week of the misdelivery he was covering my regular P&L partner. I politely offered to call J**** in to take my place for the counselling session but my offer was refused.
Not sure if J**** ever got his counselling in the end. Ho-hum.
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
And those times you just deliver some mail through the letter box, when you then spy a mail box on the wall....

-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
greengiant wrote:And those times you just deliver some mail through the letter box, when you then spy a mail box on the wall....![]()
And then it's jammed up with mail and freebie newspapers that have been left in it for over a week, as they can't be arsed to empty it!
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
-
datasaint
- Posts: 1541
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
- Gender: Male
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
Lol I had some scrote come out and berate me for posting mail through the letterbox because I missed the faded scribbled sign on the door saying place mail under the doormat ..greengiant wrote:And those times you just deliver some mail through the letter box, when you then spy a mail box on the wall....![]()
-
wabbithunta
- Posts: 872
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
- Gender: Male
- Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!
Re: How do you handle a known mis-delivery?
norm wrote:Lol I had some scrote come out and berate me for posting mail through the letterbox because I missed the faded scribbled sign on the door saying place mail under the doormat ..greengiant wrote:And those times you just deliver some mail through the letter box, when you then spy a mail box on the wall....![]()
Well that must've been his safe-spot then! lol
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"