ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by eastie »

5plusbonusball wrote:I remember people had to apply for a sticker, which is only something you would do if you had the time, I imagine if we gave them out then very many would use them, at least it means theyre thinking of us posties .
One pet hate of mine is answering the door to a hermes or dhl chap who is dropping off a neighbours packet, I mean they only have about 30 packets a day and can't be bothered to write out a slip. :roll:
Thought Hermes only got paid if a parcel was delivered
5plusbonusball
Posts: 1136
Joined: 12 Jan 2012, 20:50
Gender: Male
Location: up north of watford

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by 5plusbonusball »

eastie wrote:
5plusbonusball wrote:I remember people had to apply for a sticker, which is only something you would do if you had the time, I imagine if we gave them out then very many would use them, at least it means theyre thinking of us posties .
One pet hate of mine is answering the door to a hermes or dhl chap who is dropping off a neighbours packet, I mean they only have about 30 packets a day and can't be bothered to write out a slip. :roll:
Thought Hermes only got paid if a parcel was delivered
still delivered if they leave it with neighbour , bin , garden , anywhere else - for them - job done :crazy:
Why are lino's paid full-time ??
Surreypostie
Posts: 999
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 21:05
Gender: Male

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by Surreypostie »

I actually have an opt out sticker on my letter box. Since it has been there my postie has knocked and asked us to take for neighbours and a relief postie doorstepped a packet. I happened to be at home. I only knew it was there when a patrolling PCSO knocked on my door. These stickers are ignored by many.
SF
Posts: 183
Joined: 12 Nov 2009, 23:30
Gender: Male
Location: Midlands.

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by SF »

I raised my point on this when it started. I said it was crazy that people have to opt out of delivery to neighbour, surely people should be opting in if they want the delivery to neighbour service.

Everyone at work looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.
Straight4ward
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1621
Joined: 25 Oct 2009, 14:32
Gender: Male

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by Straight4ward »

SF wrote:I raised my point on this when it started. I said it was crazy that people have to opt out of delivery to neighbour, surely people should be opting in if they want the delivery to neighbour service.

Everyone at work looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.
您講中文
"Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway."
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Straight4ward wrote: 您講中文
你可以使用谷歌翻譯 :chuckle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by bustedflush »

Last Saturday evening I had Herpes deliver me an Amazon packet at 20:40 ffs!
wabbithunta
Posts: 872
Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 18:39
Gender: Male
Location: On Planet Earth... Unlike the people who run RM!

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by wabbithunta »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
Straight4ward wrote: 您講中文
你可以使用谷歌翻譯 :chuckle

我也一樣,但只有當我用谷歌翻譯 :whistle :crazy:
"Better to die on your feet than live a life time on your knees"
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Interesting post on FaceBook about delivery to Neighbour

Post by datasaint »

5plusbonusball wrote:I mean they only have about 30 packets a day and can't be bothered to write out a slip. :roll:
They get paid per parcel they deliver.