ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Threatened by customer. Options?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

norm wrote:Print the last page of this document and post it next time. Disclaimer: I don't know if this is acceptable practice but it's certainly sensible.

http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/guide/to ... r-form.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Its not allowed unfortunately http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5294708.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
blakeyboy wrote:I take it people can't take a joke on this site.If the
guy threatens you just report him to the law or refuse
to deliver to his address.Unless he officially opts out of
receiving D2d just keep delivering it!
If you don't indicate its a joke - how can we tell.

We even make it easier for you and provide smilies all you have to do is use you mouse to click on them :thumbup

This :left: and this one :chuckle and even this one :wink: are all good for making it obvious you are having a joke rather than giving bad advice.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
blakeyboy
Posts: 104
Joined: 04 Aug 2013, 22:05
Gender: Male

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by blakeyboy »

Ok sorry I'll do that from now on
krussel
Posts: 5300
Joined: 26 Jan 2009, 18:03
Gender: Male
Location: Out on the streets.

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by krussel »

blakeyboy wrote:Ok sorry I'll do that from now on
We don't really mean to have a pop and we love joke on here in the right place :Very Happy

Its just you need to be a little careful sometimes. :thumbup

When you have been here a while you will see that people come on with genuine troubles which are really getting them down. :sad:
Rows of houses all bearing down on me........I can feel their blue hands touching me.......All these things in all positions.........All these things will one day take control..........
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by Chelseablue »

Put the whole weeks d t ds for you're walk thru ,hell love that :left:
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by spiderj »

As long as its nipped in the bud,no reasons to be spoken to like that.

Me I play a well known shooting game and curse loudly shouting
"Take that ye blighters" or some such similar
:nana
I won
datasaint
Posts: 1541
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 17:19
Gender: Male

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by datasaint »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
norm wrote:Print the last page of this document and post it next time. Disclaimer: I don't know if this is acceptable practice but it's certainly sensible.

http://www.stopjunkmail.org.uk/guide/to ... r-form.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Its not allowed unfortunately http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5294708.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think in individual cases management should give a form to the customer.

Are we allowed to verbally instruct customers how to opt out if they request it?
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by spiderj »

Unsure but technically if the information is already in the public domain then yes....
Me personally....I tell the customer what their options are...might cost me a minute or two but at least they feel "listened to" and occasionally informed. :cuppa
I won
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Yes you can, you can even give them a card you produced if you decide to make one up - as long as they have asked you for the information. For commercial reasons we are not allowed to tell people without them asking, and we certainly are not allowed to do a self D2D like Roger did.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
scoobydo79
Posts: 2058
Joined: 15 May 2011, 19:04
Gender: Male

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by scoobydo79 »

Involve the police He threatened You while You were doing Your job.This is not to be tolerated :no no
NWpostie
Posts: 3622
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: Threatened by customer. Options?

Post by NWpostie »

I would have insisted that the customer apologises to me personally rather through the Manager, he had to have the moral courage to atone for his actions.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.