ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Filthy vans
-
PostieSP1
- Posts: 63
- Joined: 17 Sep 2011, 00:56
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
We're supposed to clean ours every Tues...hoover,foam cleaner etc tbh some nearly look like new again even my once filthy van 
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
Please can you highlight in my contract or job description where it states that I'm expected to spend several hours deep cleaning a number of filthy and mould riiden vans, I'm struggling to find the relevant section that must contain it.dvbuk55 wrote:FFS if you don't like sitting in a filthy dirty mould ridden van - then clean it
Thanks in advance.
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Filthy vans
I try to keep my van in good condition, but others do not care. One van smells so bad that whoever has to drive it opens all windows and doors before loading and sprays with air freshner. It smells of horse piss( I should know
) and the stains, we are not sure. The person takes it home and admits they use it for personal use. The back doors have been forced open by who we do not know. I have given up with the vans, but I would not drive a disgusting van like some I see. Also I do have OCD.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
There's your problem then.justdeno wrote:I try to keep my van in good condition, but others do not care. One van smells so bad that whoever has to drive it opens all windows and doors before loading and sprays with air freshner. It smells of horse piss( I should know) and the stains, we are not sure. The person takes it home and admits they use it for personal use. The back doors have been forced open by who we do not know. I have given up with the vans, but I would not drive a disgusting van like some I see. Also I do have OCD.
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
Well really it comes under the heading of "STOP BITCHING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT" or just pretend you're homeless, people who I'm sure put up with worse and still manage to survive.wacko74 wrote:Please can you highlight in my contract or job description where it states that I'm expected to spend several hours deep cleaning a number of filthy and mould riiden vans, I'm struggling to find the relevant section that must contain it.dvbuk55 wrote:FFS if you don't like sitting in a filthy dirty mould ridden van - then clean it
Thanks in advance.
-
RoyalSlave69
- Posts: 74
- Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
The van I have is disgusting. Chipped windscreen and covered in dents. The footwell carpet has completely rotted away and is always completely soaked with rain water. There are holes in the footwell metal so I have a clear view of the road as I drive. The van just makes me hate the job even more
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Filthy vans
I may have OCD but all the others do not have. The van is totally disgusting. The others are all men and they have a problem with the said van. There is no need for the vans to be in this mess, but the person who uses it lives in a dump, all the others comment on it.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12203
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
Get that van taken out of service. Are the holes where its rusted through?RoyalSlave69 wrote:There are holes in the footwell metal so I have a clear view of the road as I drive. The van just makes me hate the job even more
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
Well stop driving it, make out a fault report to either have it repaired or replaced via the transport manager.RoyalSlave69 wrote:The van I have is disgusting. Chipped windscreen and covered in dents. The footwell carpet has completely rotted away and is always completely soaked with rain water. There are holes in the footwell metal so I have a clear view of the road as I drive. The van just makes me hate the job even more
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
Well ask for an ATOS report on your OCD that prevents you from driving a dirty vehiclejustdeno wrote:I may have OCD but all the others do not have. The van is totally disgusting. The others are all men and they have a problem with the said van. There is no need for the vans to be in this mess, but the person who uses it lives in a dump, all the others comment on it.
-
peanut19651
- Posts: 10
- Joined: 14 Mar 2013, 23:00
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
So you think it's ok to drive vans in a dirty state then? Tools to 'get the work done' still need to be treated with respect whether you like it or not matedvbuk55 wrote:Well I'm not a vehicle person and its just a tool to get the work done nothing more nor less, it isn't a home.
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
With your rather odd attitude towards people on here who have an issue with driving filthy vans I'd love to see what the inside of your own home must look like... although on second thoughts maybe not.dvbuk55 wrote:Well really it comes under the heading of "STOP BITCHING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT" or just pretend you're homeless, people who I'm sure put up with worse and still manage to survive.wacko74 wrote:Please can you highlight in my contract or job description where it states that I'm expected to spend several hours deep cleaning a number of filthy and mould riiden vans, I'm struggling to find the relevant section that must contain it.dvbuk55 wrote:FFS if you don't like sitting in a filthy dirty mould ridden van - then clean it
Thanks in advance.
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
lol!!!! she sounds a class chick! on a serious note,you do wonder what state people live in at home,its no bother for some to keep the van tidy and clean as best you can,especialy if its yours.but as ever some don't give a toss,and cant be arsed.be nice to have the facilities and space in the yard to wash it ,we don't so I stick it through the car wash on the fuel card when I fuel up,saddlerposty wrote:can we refuse to deliver to houseWIFE that is filthy ?bustedflush wrote:the mad woman wrote:Can we refuse to drive or be a passenger in a van that the inside is filthy
Can we refuse to deliver to a house that is filthy?
That mrs adams at no 18 is pure filth. (not that I'm complaing)![]()
-
dvbuk55
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 16650
- Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
- Gender: Male
Re: Filthy vans
Personally? No I don't and nor would I, I would advise the DOM I will not drive a vehicle that could pose a health risk and inform him/her and the health and safety rep precisely why but of course you need bottle to do that. He could tell you to clean the van which is fine by me it's his time after all, it just comes off the indoor/delivery time. As for the vehicle with a defective floor plate???????????????????????????peanut19651 wrote:So you think it's ok to drive vans in a dirty state then? Tools to 'get the work done' still need to be treated with respect whether you like it or not matedvbuk55 wrote:Well I'm not a vehicle person and its just a tool to get the work done nothing more nor less, it isn't a home.
-
justdeno
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
- Gender: Female
Re: Filthy vans
Not my problem, I have my own van, never use any others. That's the way I like it.dvbuk55 wrote:Well ask for an ATOS report on your OCD that prevents you from driving a dirty vehiclejustdeno wrote:I may have OCD but all the others do not have. The van is totally disgusting. The others are all men and they have a problem with the said van. There is no need for the vans to be in this mess, but the person who uses it lives in a dump, all the others comment on it.