ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Filthy vans

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
PostieSP1
Posts: 63
Joined: 17 Sep 2011, 00:56
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by PostieSP1 »

We're supposed to clean ours every Tues...hoover,foam cleaner etc tbh some nearly look like new again even my once filthy van :Very Happy
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by wacko74 »

dvbuk55 wrote:FFS if you don't like sitting in a filthy dirty mould ridden van - then clean it :cuppa
Please can you highlight in my contract or job description where it states that I'm expected to spend several hours deep cleaning a number of filthy and mould riiden vans, I'm struggling to find the relevant section that must contain it.

Thanks in advance.
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Filthy vans

Post by justdeno »

I try to keep my van in good condition, but others do not care. One van smells so bad that whoever has to drive it opens all windows and doors before loading and sprays with air freshner. It smells of horse piss( I should know :sad: ) and the stains, we are not sure. The person takes it home and admits they use it for personal use. The back doors have been forced open by who we do not know. I have given up with the vans, but I would not drive a disgusting van like some I see. Also I do have OCD.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by dvbuk55 »

justdeno wrote:I try to keep my van in good condition, but others do not care. One van smells so bad that whoever has to drive it opens all windows and doors before loading and sprays with air freshner. It smells of horse piss( I should know :sad: ) and the stains, we are not sure. The person takes it home and admits they use it for personal use. The back doors have been forced open by who we do not know. I have given up with the vans, but I would not drive a disgusting van like some I see. Also I do have OCD.
There's your problem then.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by dvbuk55 »

wacko74 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:FFS if you don't like sitting in a filthy dirty mould ridden van - then clean it :cuppa
Please can you highlight in my contract or job description where it states that I'm expected to spend several hours deep cleaning a number of filthy and mould riiden vans, I'm struggling to find the relevant section that must contain it.

Thanks in advance.
Well really it comes under the heading of "STOP BITCHING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT" or just pretend you're homeless, people who I'm sure put up with worse and still manage to survive.
RoyalSlave69
Posts: 74
Joined: 11 Feb 2013, 16:33
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by RoyalSlave69 »

The van I have is disgusting. Chipped windscreen and covered in dents. The footwell carpet has completely rotted away and is always completely soaked with rain water. There are holes in the footwell metal so I have a clear view of the road as I drive. The van just makes me hate the job even more
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Filthy vans

Post by justdeno »

I may have OCD but all the others do not have. The van is totally disgusting. The others are all men and they have a problem with the said van. There is no need for the vans to be in this mess, but the person who uses it lives in a dump, all the others comment on it.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12203
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by SpacePhoenix »

RoyalSlave69 wrote:There are holes in the footwell metal so I have a clear view of the road as I drive. The van just makes me hate the job even more
Get that van taken out of service. Are the holes where its rusted through?
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by dvbuk55 »

RoyalSlave69 wrote:The van I have is disgusting. Chipped windscreen and covered in dents. The footwell carpet has completely rotted away and is always completely soaked with rain water. There are holes in the footwell metal so I have a clear view of the road as I drive. The van just makes me hate the job even more
Well stop driving it, make out a fault report to either have it repaired or replaced via the transport manager.
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by dvbuk55 »

justdeno wrote:I may have OCD but all the others do not have. The van is totally disgusting. The others are all men and they have a problem with the said van. There is no need for the vans to be in this mess, but the person who uses it lives in a dump, all the others comment on it.
Well ask for an ATOS report on your OCD that prevents you from driving a dirty vehicle :cuppa
peanut19651
Posts: 10
Joined: 14 Mar 2013, 23:00
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by peanut19651 »

dvbuk55 wrote:Well I'm not a vehicle person and its just a tool to get the work done nothing more nor less, it isn't a home.
So you think it's ok to drive vans in a dirty state then? Tools to 'get the work done' still need to be treated with respect whether you like it or not mate
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by wacko74 »

dvbuk55 wrote:
wacko74 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:FFS if you don't like sitting in a filthy dirty mould ridden van - then clean it :cuppa
Please can you highlight in my contract or job description where it states that I'm expected to spend several hours deep cleaning a number of filthy and mould riiden vans, I'm struggling to find the relevant section that must contain it.

Thanks in advance.
Well really it comes under the heading of "STOP BITCHING AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT" or just pretend you're homeless, people who I'm sure put up with worse and still manage to survive.
With your rather odd attitude towards people on here who have an issue with driving filthy vans I'd love to see what the inside of your own home must look like... although on second thoughts maybe not.
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by robbertwhitton »

saddlerposty wrote:
bustedflush wrote:
the mad woman wrote:Can we refuse to drive or be a passenger in a van that the inside is filthy

Can we refuse to deliver to a house that is filthy?
can we refuse to deliver to houseWIFE that is filthy ?
That mrs adams at no 18 is pure filth. (not that I'm complaing) :dance :dance
lol!!!! she sounds a class chick! on a serious note,you do wonder what state people live in at home,its no bother for some to keep the van tidy and clean as best you can,especialy if its yours.but as ever some don't give a toss,and cant be arsed.be nice to have the facilities and space in the yard to wash it ,we don't so I stick it through the car wash on the fuel card when I fuel up,
dvbuk55
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 16650
Joined: 02 Jun 2007, 19:17
Gender: Male

Re: Filthy vans

Post by dvbuk55 »

peanut19651 wrote:
dvbuk55 wrote:Well I'm not a vehicle person and its just a tool to get the work done nothing more nor less, it isn't a home.
So you think it's ok to drive vans in a dirty state then? Tools to 'get the work done' still need to be treated with respect whether you like it or not mate
Personally? No I don't and nor would I, I would advise the DOM I will not drive a vehicle that could pose a health risk and inform him/her and the health and safety rep precisely why but of course you need bottle to do that. He could tell you to clean the van which is fine by me it's his time after all, it just comes off the indoor/delivery time. As for the vehicle with a defective floor plate???????????????????????????
justdeno
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Jan 2012, 16:05
Gender: Female

Re: Filthy vans

Post by justdeno »

dvbuk55 wrote:
justdeno wrote:I may have OCD but all the others do not have. The van is totally disgusting. The others are all men and they have a problem with the said van. There is no need for the vans to be in this mess, but the person who uses it lives in a dump, all the others comment on it.
Well ask for an ATOS report on your OCD that prevents you from driving a dirty vehicle :cuppa
Not my problem, I have my own van, never use any others. That's the way I like it. :Very Happy