ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Lapsing v Quality of service
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
We're losing staff right left and centre , experienced guys too , yet more orders get barked over the tanoy system ,, wtf is this gonna end?.
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
can relate to this 100%Chelseablue wrote:We're losing staff right left and centre , experienced guys too , yet more orders get barked over the tanoy system ,, wtf is this gonna end?.
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
I just found out that my walk that I have been doing for the past two years and have just signed for in the re pick is getting lapsed next week along with some others leaving me as a spare
Traffic is supposed to be forecast as extremely light apparently thus the reason.
Traffic is supposed to be forecast as extremely light apparently thus the reason.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
Tanoys all the rage now for the DOM'S get barked down if they dare speak too us all just hide in a room and dictate reminds me of someone 70 years ago losing power!postypie wrote:can relate to this 100%Chelseablue wrote:We're losing staff right left and centre , experienced guys too , yet more orders get barked over the tanoy system ,, wtf is this gonna end?.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12203
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
Wonder if anyone has told your DOM about The Sun d2d19times wrote:I just found out that my walk that I have been doing for the past two years and have just signed for in the re pick is getting lapsed next week along with some others leaving me as a spare![]()
Traffic is supposed to be forecast as extremely light apparently thus the reason.
-
Chelseablue
- Posts: 2227
- Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
We've got the sun Dt d too grr
-
jack
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
This lapsing malarkey is getting well out of hand in our office, it's as if the DOM/LINOS life is depending on getting people to do it. The office seems as if its at breaking point. The DOM/LINOS are all to aware that on certain days its unachievable but still seem content on pressurising people to do it.
It's that bad people now take it for granted they have to take it out even if they know they will be going over by an hour.
Its as if the managers are trying to condition the staff to take out absorption no questions asked regardless of unmanageable workloads.
They've even started sneaking last weeks DTDs in pre prepped frames for the late starters
it's a fookin discrace !
It's that bad people now take it for granted they have to take it out even if they know they will be going over by an hour.
Its as if the managers are trying to condition the staff to take out absorption no questions asked regardless of unmanageable workloads.
They've even started sneaking last weeks DTDs in pre prepped frames for the late starters
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
Stand up and assert yourselves are you men or mice tell them no take your breaks do your hours tell the dictators before you go out and bring back what you cannot do.
-
jack
- Posts: 299
- Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
I have come to the conclusion though, that some of these people must get a kick out of coming in early or lapsing for free(even though they detest DOM)..... well surely they must do, or they wouldn't do it... would theyk979aaa wrote:Stand up and assert yourselves are you men or mice tell them no take your breaks do your hours tell the dictators before you go out and bring back what you cannot do.
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
Fools unto themselves or no balls ask the them the question outside work if they have a life outside work?jack wrote:I have come to the conclusion though, that some of these people must get a kick out of coming in early or lapsing for free(even though they detest DOM)..... well surely they must do, or they wouldn't do it... would theyk979aaa wrote:Stand up and assert yourselves are you men or mice tell them no take your breaks do your hours tell the dictators before you go out and bring back what you cannot do.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
Did that today brought 4 loops back we didn't want to work over told Dom was told to bag it up and try we did and then brought 4 back left the lapsing in the office after telling them we couldn't do it
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
Managers will always go down the 'well traffic figures are lower today' so you are in a position to do it!
Erm excuse me but yeah traffic figures might indeed be lower for the office in general, but the duty I am covering has been fooking hammered.
Furthermore they tend to ignore the fact that as a rota man (as opposed to the regular postie) I tend to take longer as I am not as familiar with such and such a duty.
Oh and what about the 4 or 5 trays of missorts I am having to deal with daily..do these come into your traffic figures?
Erm excuse me but yeah traffic figures might indeed be lower for the office in general, but the duty I am covering has been fooking hammered.
Furthermore they tend to ignore the fact that as a rota man (as opposed to the regular postie) I tend to take longer as I am not as familiar with such and such a duty.
Oh and what about the 4 or 5 trays of missorts I am having to deal with daily..do these come into your traffic figures?
-
postypie
- Posts: 435
- Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
Managers will always go down the 'well traffic figures are lower today' so you are in a position to do it!
Erm excuse me but yeah traffic figures might indeed be lower for the office in general, but the duty I am covering has been fooking hammered.
Furthermore they tend to ignore the fact that as a rota man (as opposed to the regular postie) I tend to take longer as I am not as familiar with such and such a duty.
Oh and what about the 4 or 5 trays of missorts I am having to deal with daily..do these come into your traffic figures?
Erm excuse me but yeah traffic figures might indeed be lower for the office in general, but the duty I am covering has been fooking hammered.
Furthermore they tend to ignore the fact that as a rota man (as opposed to the regular postie) I tend to take longer as I am not as familiar with such and such a duty.
Oh and what about the 4 or 5 trays of missorts I am having to deal with daily..do these come into your traffic figures?
-
19times
- Posts: 339
- Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
- Gender: Female
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
Don't think so, he's new and not 100% up to speed although he is actually a nice bloke!SpacePhoenix wrote:Wonder if anyone has told your DOM about The Sun d2d19times wrote:I just found out that my walk that I have been doing for the past two years and have just signed for in the re pick is getting lapsed next week along with some others leaving me as a spare![]()
Traffic is supposed to be forecast as extremely light apparently thus the reason.
I booked Thursday off also.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Re: Lapsing v Quality of service
I signed for the round that gets lapsed in our office, and when i'm on it (not very often!) I constantly get complaints from the residents about multiple things. They never know when the post will arrive, I get told I'm late towards the end of the round, missorted letters, walking on lawns, parcels left on doorsteps etc. And then I have to try to explain what lapsing is to them.
Lets face it, when a round gets lapsed QoS goes out the window. The prepping is rushed, the delivery is rushed.
Lets face it, when a round gets lapsed QoS goes out the window. The prepping is rushed, the delivery is rushed.