ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Lapsing v Quality of service

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by Chelseablue »

We're losing staff right left and centre , experienced guys too , yet more orders get barked over the tanoy system ,, wtf is this gonna end?.
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by postypie »

Chelseablue wrote:We're losing staff right left and centre , experienced guys too , yet more orders get barked over the tanoy system ,, wtf is this gonna end?.
can relate to this 100%
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by 19times »

I just found out that my walk that I have been doing for the past two years and have just signed for in the re pick is getting lapsed next week along with some others leaving me as a spare :crazy:

Traffic is supposed to be forecast as extremely light apparently thus the reason. :left:
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by k979aaa »

postypie wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:We're losing staff right left and centre , experienced guys too , yet more orders get barked over the tanoy system ,, wtf is this gonna end?.
can relate to this 100%
Tanoys all the rage now for the DOM'S get barked down if they dare speak too us all just hide in a room and dictate reminds me of someone 70 years ago losing power!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12203
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by SpacePhoenix »

19times wrote:I just found out that my walk that I have been doing for the past two years and have just signed for in the re pick is getting lapsed next week along with some others leaving me as a spare :crazy:

Traffic is supposed to be forecast as extremely light apparently thus the reason. :left:
Wonder if anyone has told your DOM about The Sun d2d :left:
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by Chelseablue »

We've got the sun Dt d too grr
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by jack »

This lapsing malarkey is getting well out of hand in our office, it's as if the DOM/LINOS life is depending on getting people to do it. The office seems as if its at breaking point. The DOM/LINOS are all to aware that on certain days its unachievable but still seem content on pressurising people to do it.

It's that bad people now take it for granted they have to take it out even if they know they will be going over by an hour.
Its as if the managers are trying to condition the staff to take out absorption no questions asked regardless of unmanageable workloads.

They've even started sneaking last weeks DTDs in pre prepped frames for the late starters :shock: it's a fookin discrace !
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by k979aaa »

Stand up and assert yourselves are you men or mice tell them no take your breaks do your hours tell the dictators before you go out and bring back what you cannot do.
jack
Posts: 299
Joined: 28 Aug 2007, 14:32

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by jack »

k979aaa wrote:Stand up and assert yourselves are you men or mice tell them no take your breaks do your hours tell the dictators before you go out and bring back what you cannot do.
I have come to the conclusion though, that some of these people must get a kick out of coming in early or lapsing for free(even though they detest DOM)..... well surely they must do, or they wouldn't do it... would they :hmmmm
'Royal Mail leaders could not lead a worm, they'll never take our pride cos that's what we earn'
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by k979aaa »

jack wrote:
k979aaa wrote:Stand up and assert yourselves are you men or mice tell them no take your breaks do your hours tell the dictators before you go out and bring back what you cannot do.
I have come to the conclusion though, that some of these people must get a kick out of coming in early or lapsing for free(even though they detest DOM)..... well surely they must do, or they wouldn't do it... would they :hmmmm
Fools unto themselves or no balls ask the them the question outside work if they have a life outside work?
terry2972
Posts: 482
Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by terry2972 »

Did that today brought 4 loops back we didn't want to work over told Dom was told to bag it up and try we did and then brought 4 back left the lapsing in the office after telling them we couldn't do it
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by postypie »

Managers will always go down the 'well traffic figures are lower today' so you are in a position to do it!
Erm excuse me but yeah traffic figures might indeed be lower for the office in general, but the duty I am covering has been fooking hammered.
Furthermore they tend to ignore the fact that as a rota man (as opposed to the regular postie) I tend to take longer as I am not as familiar with such and such a duty.
Oh and what about the 4 or 5 trays of missorts I am having to deal with daily..do these come into your traffic figures?
postypie
Posts: 435
Joined: 18 Mar 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by postypie »

Managers will always go down the 'well traffic figures are lower today' so you are in a position to do it!
Erm excuse me but yeah traffic figures might indeed be lower for the office in general, but the duty I am covering has been fooking hammered.
Furthermore they tend to ignore the fact that as a rota man (as opposed to the regular postie) I tend to take longer as I am not as familiar with such and such a duty.
Oh and what about the 4 or 5 trays of missorts I am having to deal with daily..do these come into your traffic figures?
19times
Posts: 339
Joined: 11 Aug 2011, 13:36
Gender: Female

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by 19times »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
19times wrote:I just found out that my walk that I have been doing for the past two years and have just signed for in the re pick is getting lapsed next week along with some others leaving me as a spare :crazy:

Traffic is supposed to be forecast as extremely light apparently thus the reason. :left:
Wonder if anyone has told your DOM about The Sun d2d :left:
Don't think so, he's new and not 100% up to speed although he is actually a nice bloke!

I booked Thursday off also. :Very Happy
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Re: Lapsing v Quality of service

Post by Jpro747 »

I signed for the round that gets lapsed in our office, and when i'm on it (not very often!) I constantly get complaints from the residents about multiple things. They never know when the post will arrive, I get told I'm late towards the end of the round, missorted letters, walking on lawns, parcels left on doorsteps etc. And then I have to try to explain what lapsing is to them.
Lets face it, when a round gets lapsed QoS goes out the window. The prepping is rushed, the delivery is rushed.