ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Help - injured in RM van accident

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
kirstyx
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 147
Joined: 24 Jul 2012, 16:45
Gender: Female

Re: Help - injured in RM van accident

Post by kirstyx »

Good news. Pleased for you
indio
Posts: 87
Joined: 17 Feb 2013, 22:57
Gender: Male

Re: Help - injured in RM van accident

Post by indio »

bustedflush wrote:so the matter is all settled now.
Thanks to those who took an interest and especially the area rep who was always available on the phone to help. (He knows who he is!)
What happened to the driver?
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Help - injured in RM van accident

Post by bustedflush »

indio wrote:
bustedflush wrote:so the matter is all settled now.
Thanks to those who took an interest and especially the area rep who was always available on the phone to help. (He knows who he is!)
What happened to the driver?
Nothing at all. Was allowed back on driving after a medical found nothing amiss.
Red Robbo
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 680
Joined: 31 Jan 2012, 09:23
Gender: Male

Re: Help - injured in RM van accident

Post by Red Robbo »

Did you get anything from the Personal Accident Benefit Scheme ??
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: Help - injured in RM van accident

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Following a request by a former member of RoyalMailChat to delete their posts for reasons I cannot go into some posts in this thread referring to the member have been deleted. I hope everyone understands.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
bustedflush
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1493
Joined: 16 Feb 2013, 11:19
Gender: Male

Re: Help - injured in RM van accident

Post by bustedflush »

Red Robbo wrote:Did you get anything from the Personal Accident Benefit Scheme ??
No, I didn't claim. I was paid missing wages before the sundry damages arrived plus I was able to resume light duties after a couple of weeks after the accident so absorbed the loss of wages with credit card until they were refunded. I'm not sure if my case was applicable.
Himaggen
Posts: 993
Joined: 09 Oct 2007, 23:40

Re: Help - injured in RM van accident

Post by Himaggen »

You should have also been paid for the overtime you would have normally worked during the period you were off too!

If I recall correctly I think that may be based upon the average overtime worked over the previous twelve weeks prior to the accident.