ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Christmas Saturday

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bluealbert
Posts: 176
Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by bluealbert »

rhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
Nice one mate,how many years you done I'm nearly up to 26 wish I could retire :thumbup
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by rhino49 »

bluealbert wrote:
rhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
Nice one mate,how many years you done I'm nearly up to 26 wish I could retire :thumbup
19 when I finish - still like the job as I am one of the lucky guys who has a decent office with managers who work as hard as we do to make it work. I'll miss my workmates but my joints won't miss 8 miles a day pulling a LWT on concrete. I can't see any younger posties putting in twenty years under the present demanding conditions - unless there is room for thirty odd ruined bodies in each office's RLE :crazy:
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by borgpicard »

:Applause
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's still spring, we've got the summer and autumn to get through first, and someone's thinking ahead to Christmas over seven months away. :crazy:
I think they should get out more. :Very Happy
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Postie45 »

borgpicard wrote::Applause
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's still spring, we've got the summer and autumn to get through first, and someone's thinking ahead to Christmas over seven months away. :crazy:
I think they should get out more. :Very Happy

yes i get its a long time till christmas, but it matters to those of us who have to make plans
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Postie45 wrote:

yes i get its a long time till christmas, but it matters to those of us who have to make plans
:Applause
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Bahia Feliz »

rhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
How did you get the week 18th Dec off? Not many offices would allow that!
rhino49
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1644
Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
Gender: Male
Location: At home with my feet up

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by rhino49 »

Bahia Feliz wrote:
rhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
How did you get the week 18th Dec off? Not many offices would allow that!
They have no choice if you have retired 4 months earlier lol
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Postie45 wrote:
borgpicard wrote::Applause
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's still spring, we've got the summer and autumn to get through first, and someone's thinking ahead to Christmas over seven months away. :crazy:
I think they should get out more. :Very Happy

yes i get its a long time till christmas, but it matters to those of us who have to make plans
Beer and sleep :Very Happy - what else is there to plan for Christmas ? :crazy:
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Bahia Feliz »

rhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
So how will you be on leave if you retire in August?
simply_the_best
Posts: 594
Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by simply_the_best »

Lounge Lizard wrote: But after Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th we were working Saturday 27th December 2008 :sad: and Royal Mail aren't going to be any more generous six years later :sad: .


Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that we got that Saturday off, only folk that missed out were those who's day off fell on that saturday as I remember a couple of moaning gits complaining that we all got an extra day!!
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Lounge Lizard »

simply_the_best wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote: But after Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th we were working Saturday 27th December 2008 :sad: and Royal Mail aren't going to be any more generous six years later :sad: .


Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that we got that Saturday off, only folk that missed out were those who's day off fell on that saturday as I remember a couple of moaning gits complaining that we all got an extra day!!
Yes, I worked Saturday 27th December 2008 :sad: and I wasn't alone :shock: .
Pete22
Posts: 127
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
Gender: Male
Location: Cook-coo land

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Pete22 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
simply_the_best wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote: But after Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th we were working Saturday 27th December 2008 :sad: and Royal Mail aren't going to be any more generous six years later :sad: .


Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that we got that Saturday off, only folk that missed out were those who's day off fell on that saturday as I remember a couple of moaning gits complaining that we all got an extra day!!
Yes, I worked Saturday 27th December 2008 :sad: and I wasn't alone :shock: .
I did as well but this time it's my long weekend, so off Thurs Xmas day to the following Tues. :nana
Bahia Feliz
Posts: 1169
Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
Gender: Male

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Bahia Feliz »

Pete22 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
simply_the_best wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote: But after Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th we were working Saturday 27th December 2008 :sad: and Royal Mail aren't going to be any more generous six years later :sad: .


Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that we got that Saturday off, only folk that missed out were those who's day off fell on that saturday as I remember a couple of moaning gits complaining that we all got an extra day!!
Yes, I worked Saturday 27th December 2008 :sad: and I wasn't alone :shock: .
I did as well but this time it's my long weekend, so off Thurs Xmas day to the following Tues. :nana
You jammy get :roll:
arnold cheshire
Posts: 5309
Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
Gender: Male
Location: england

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by arnold cheshire »

Postie45 wrote:With this Christmas falling on a Friday and the "boxing Day" Bank Holiday shifting to the Monday. Are we working the Saturday ?
are you talking about 2015 ?
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Re: Christmas Saturday

Post by Lounge Lizard »

bringon4dayweeks wrote:
Postie45 wrote:With this Christmas falling on a Friday and the "boxing Day" Bank Holiday shifting to the Monday. Are we working the Saturday ?
are you talking about 2015 ?
No, in 2015 we've got Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th off. :nana :nana :nana