Nice one mate,how many years you done I'm nearly up to 26 wish I could retirerhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Christmas Saturday
-
bluealbert
- Posts: 176
- Joined: 09 Mar 2011, 16:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Saturday
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Christmas Saturday
19 when I finish - still like the job as I am one of the lucky guys who has a decent office with managers who work as hard as we do to make it work. I'll miss my workmates but my joints won't miss 8 miles a day pulling a LWT on concrete. I can't see any younger posties putting in twenty years under the present demanding conditions - unless there is room for thirty odd ruined bodies in each office's RLEbluealbert wrote:Nice one mate,how many years you done I'm nearly up to 26 wish I could retirerhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
borgpicard
- Posts: 486
- Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Saturday
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's still spring, we've got the summer and autumn to get through first, and someone's thinking ahead to Christmas over seven months away.![]()
I think they should get out more.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Saturday
borgpicard wrote::ApplauseLounge Lizard wrote:It's still spring, we've got the summer and autumn to get through first, and someone's thinking ahead to Christmas over seven months away. :crazy:
I think they should get out more. :Very Happy
yes i get its a long time till christmas, but it matters to those of us who have to make plans
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Saturday
Postie45 wrote:
yes i get its a long time till christmas, but it matters to those of us who have to make plans
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Saturday
How did you get the week 18th Dec off? Not many offices would allow that!rhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
-
rhino49
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1644
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 21:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: At home with my feet up
Re: Christmas Saturday
They have no choice if you have retired 4 months earlier lolBahia Feliz wrote:How did you get the week 18th Dec off? Not many offices would allow that!rhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
We wish to serve - but we will not be servile
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Christmas Saturday
Beer and sleepPostie45 wrote:borgpicard wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:It's still spring, we've got the summer and autumn to get through first, and someone's thinking ahead to Christmas over seven months away.![]()
I think they should get out more.
yes i get its a long time till christmas, but it matters to those of us who have to make plans
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Saturday
So how will you be on leave if you retire in August?rhino49 wrote:I will be on leave form 18th December to January 7th - I retire in August :)
-
simply_the_best
- Posts: 594
- Joined: 24 Sep 2007, 10:29
Re: Christmas Saturday
Lounge Lizard wrote: But after Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th we were working Saturday 27th December 2008and Royal Mail aren't going to be any more generous six years later
.
Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that we got that Saturday off, only folk that missed out were those who's day off fell on that saturday as I remember a couple of moaning gits complaining that we all got an extra day!!
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Christmas Saturday
Yes, I worked Saturday 27th December 2008simply_the_best wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote: But after Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th we were working Saturday 27th December 2008and Royal Mail aren't going to be any more generous six years later
.
Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that we got that Saturday off, only folk that missed out were those who's day off fell on that saturday as I remember a couple of moaning gits complaining that we all got an extra day!!
-
Pete22
- Posts: 127
- Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 16:53
- Gender: Male
- Location: Cook-coo land
Re: Christmas Saturday
I did as well but this time it's my long weekend, so off Thurs Xmas day to the following Tues.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, I worked Saturday 27th December 2008simply_the_best wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote: But after Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th we were working Saturday 27th December 2008and Royal Mail aren't going to be any more generous six years later
.
Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that we got that Saturday off, only folk that missed out were those who's day off fell on that saturday as I remember a couple of moaning gits complaining that we all got an extra day!!and I wasn't alone
.
-
Bahia Feliz
- Posts: 1169
- Joined: 22 Sep 2008, 21:04
- Gender: Male
Re: Christmas Saturday
You jammy getPete22 wrote:I did as well but this time it's my long weekend, so off Thurs Xmas day to the following Tues.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, I worked Saturday 27th December 2008simply_the_best wrote:Lounge Lizard wrote: But after Wednesday 25th and Thursday 26th we were working Saturday 27th December 2008and Royal Mail aren't going to be any more generous six years later
.
Are you sure? I'm fairly certain that we got that Saturday off, only folk that missed out were those who's day off fell on that saturday as I remember a couple of moaning gits complaining that we all got an extra day!!and I wasn't alone
.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
Re: Christmas Saturday
are you talking about 2015 ?Postie45 wrote:With this Christmas falling on a Friday and the "boxing Day" Bank Holiday shifting to the Monday. Are we working the Saturday ?
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Re: Christmas Saturday
No, in 2015 we've got Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th off.bringon4dayweeks wrote:are you talking about 2015 ?Postie45 wrote:With this Christmas falling on a Friday and the "boxing Day" Bank Holiday shifting to the Monday. Are we working the Saturday ?