ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

common sense ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Law7
Posts: 15
Joined: 09 Nov 2013, 17:12
Gender: Female

Re: common sense ?

Post by Law7 »

sgt,rock wrote:I don't mind working the saturday, fridays d2d, saturdays d2d, fridays mail, saturdays mail, short day, lots for the managers to deliver when we all cut off.
My first Easter - So... I can expect Easter Sat to be a busy day then?
freelunch
Posts: 358
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 20:39
Gender: Male

Re: common sense ?

Post by freelunch »

Law7 wrote:My first Easter - So... I can expect Easter Sat to be a busy day then?
No, Post Offices closed Friday, no collections - Saturday quiet
Next Saturday ought to be busier.
"Everybody has a plan.. until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: common sense ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

freelunch wrote:
Law7 wrote:My first Easter - So... I can expect Easter Sat to be a busy day then?
No, Post Offices closed Friday, no collections - Saturday quiet
Next Saturday ought to be busier.

If the election stuff hits on or before Saturday it will be a busy one.

In my experience Easter Saturday is usually one of the busiest Saturdays of the year as the Thursday night, Friday Morning, and 1st shift Saturday all need to be cleared.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Cedar_Room
Posts: 826
Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09

Re: common sense ?

Post by Cedar_Room »

My long weekend. :nana
“Shorts,in this weather?!”

“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”

“What’s she been ordering now?”
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: common sense ?

Post by trevjim »

Really!? can't believe someone is moaning about working saturday! In my previous job I had to work both weekend days and bank holidays. Just count yourself lucky that you only have to work 1 of the 4.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: common sense ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

trevjim wrote:Really!? can't believe someone is moaning about working saturday! In my previous job I had to work both weekend days and bank holidays. Just count yourself lucky that you only have to work 1 of the 4.
Really. I can't believe someone is moaning about someone posting an opinion on an open forum. Just count yourself lucky that someone else pays the bills to keep the site running.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: common sense ?

Post by Chelseablue »

Trevjim ure posts are always a wind up ,every bloody one.
Wednesday
Posts: 143
Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 16:40
Gender: Male

Re: common sense ?

Post by Wednesday »

Chelseablue wrote:Trevjim ure posts are always a wind up ,every bloody one.
Trevjim is 5foot 4 inches of pure idiot!
:nana
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: common sense ?

Post by trevjim »

Chelseablue wrote:Trevjim ure posts are always a wind up ,every bloody one.
Na I just work harder and better then the moaners and that winds them up
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: common sense ?

Post by Chelseablue »

You work harder and faster? What a great man you are ,you're colleagues must love you .
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72763
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: common sense ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

trevjim wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Trevjim ure posts are always a wind up ,every bloody one.
Na I just work harder and better then the moaners and that winds them up
No your self important attitude probably does more to wind them up than your your self promoted work rate, at least that's they way it comes across in your posts. Naive, Troll or Pretentious - the jury is still out.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
trevjim
Posts: 170
Joined: 05 Dec 2012, 20:04
Gender: Male

Re: common sense ?

Post by trevjim »

TrueBlueTerrier wrote:
trevjim wrote:
Chelseablue wrote:Trevjim ure posts are always a wind up ,every bloody one.
Na I just work harder and better then the moaners and that winds them up
No your self important attitude probably does more to wind them up than your your self promoted work rate, at least that's they way it comes across in your posts. Naive, Troll or Pretentious - the jury is still out.

perhaps I am a hybrid? I am flattered
Chelseablue
Posts: 2227
Joined: 19 Aug 2013, 14:33
Gender: Female

Re: common sense ?

Post by Chelseablue »

The word ure looking for is wnker