wabbithunta wrote:ebbzie wrote:Question 2 - Did you fail your English exam?
"What's an exam?"
something you do not need to work for royalmail ;-)
wabbithunta wrote:ebbzie wrote:Question 2 - Did you fail your English exam?
You're welcome.2ndclasspostie wrote: Thank you.
dun just about every job duty woteva u wana call it wot eva i was asked i done it ov 13yr n yet u get sum 1 else who knows nowt but 1 duty n been there 18mth longer
Then again, maybe it could be your attitude, and your poor use of English, I'm just going by your use of grammar, or rather the lack of it on your OP on here. Or were you just trying to be humourous as well as sarcastic and annoyed/angry about what's happened and wanted somewhere to flame away to your hearts content?dun just about every job duty woteva u wana call it wot eva i was asked i done it ov 13yr
with the exception of stating that you were a male.. for which he was corrected on, as were others too, your post got responses, and valid ones relating to your "rant".Re: seniority
Post by TrueBlueTerrier » Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:04,pm
..... Of course he has missed the obvious point that if managers were able to select people to fill vacancies on nearly anything except seniority then he wouldn't have been selected anyway. After all its far cheaper and easier to keep an experienced reserve in post than train a new one from scratch.
So you would rather stay p/t then?korky wrote:O/P does seem like he's had a few pops but i'm a p/t postie of 9 years and a few jobs came up recently to be f/t but i MUST give up my duty that took 7 years to get!
Staying P/T over F/T?Bahia Feliz wrote:So you would rather stay p/t then?korky wrote:O/P does seem like he's had a few pops but i'm a p/t postie of 9 years and a few jobs came up recently to be f/t but i MUST give up my duty that took 7 years to get!
First Class Postie would have said:2ndclasspostie wrote:duzn't seniority just bloody stink royalmial so far back in the dark ages with this one. its unreal ... dun just about every job duty woteva u wana call it wot eva i was asked i done it ov 13yr n yet u get sum 1 else who knows nowt but 1 duty n been there 18mth longer n get the chance of full time gggggggggggggggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr seriously that cant be right ha'way man Moya Greene get it sorted move with the times for gords sake end ov rant........
NewPostieUK wrote:Thank you for the translation. I'm baffled, no not by the opening post (although all I understood was 'howay' and even that was spelled wrong), but by the assumption that seniority should somehow not count when someone else has covered more duties. I see that as totally irrelevant. Someone who has been employed for ten years is more senior than someone who has been employed seven years, regardless as to what they did during those years. They have been waiting longer for the full time position, it's not their fault the manager bullied the newbie into doing more duties.
Seniority works. I'm near the bottom of the list, and it's taken me six years to get my own duty, but I like the fact that I can see light at the end of the tunnel. I can see who has been made full time, and who will be made full time before me, and who will have to wait until I'm offered full time hours before they are.
Seniority is based on length of service and not on type of contract.neo76 wrote:
Where do I stand?
What about if he transferred to another office for a couple of years and then returned? Thanks again.clashcityrocker wrote:Seniority is based on length of service and not on type of contract.neo76 wrote:
Where do I stand?
If s/he has longer service s/he is more senior, even if s/he is p/t.
So unless you have a local agreement which stipulates f/t over p/t (you shouldn't have, but it seems anything goes nowadays) then the other postie gets the duty.