100% the same here and for me at times. most posties are their own worst enemy..Postaltony wrote:Duties I have done are planned at 4-4:20hrs with LWT'S. In practice they are more like 5-6hrs when done correctly with the mandatory LWT'S. My manager has said "well the regular people can complete in the duty time, only a problem when your on the duty". I obviously reply with facts.
1. I use LWT'S
2. Regular duty holders do not.
3. I have my meal relief
4. Regular duty holders do not.
5. I work my officially contracted hours
6. You the manager refuse to enforce use of mandatory LWT'S.
7. If you were monitoring usage of lwt's most of the office would have been counselled or conducted.
Manager then just blames my prep, knowing full well I've passed numerous agreed 1 min prep tests.
So my question is why are posties fire fighting daily and CWU doing f**k all about it. They agreed the use of LWT'S they should be ensuring that the agreement is being adhered to.
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Trollies (Again)
-
motch
- Posts: 332
- Joined: 08 May 2008, 23:19
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
-
billy44
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 09:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
Used one of the big trollies today and have to say I hated it.
Normally use a bag but using the trolley really slowed me down.
Normally use a bag but using the trolley really slowed me down.
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
billy44 wrote:Used one of the big trollies today and have to say I hated it.
Normally use a bag but using the trolley really slowed me down.
Work your paid hours, its not rocket science.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3231
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
Aint that the truthPostaltony wrote:Duties I have done are planned at 4-4:20hrs with LWT'S. In practice they are more like 5-6hrs when done correctly with the mandatory LWT'S. My manager has said "well the regular people can complete in the duty time, only a problem when your on the duty". I obviously reply with facts.
1. I use LWT'S
2. Regular duty holders do not.
3. I have my meal relief
4. Regular duty holders do not.
5. I work my officially contracted hours
6. You the manager refuse to enforce use of mandatory LWT'S.
7. If you were monitoring usage of lwt's most of the office would have been counselled or conducted.
Manager then just blames my prep, knowing full well I've passed numerous agreed 1 min prep tests.
So my question is why are posties fire fighting daily and CWU doing f**k all about it. They agreed the use of LWT'S they should be ensuring that the agreement is being adhered to.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
With all due respect, working your paid hours pulling/pushing a trolley around five days a week does not resolve the problem of fatigue and future musculoskeletal problems.hantsman wrote:billy44 wrote:Used one of the big trollies today and have to say I hated it.
Normally use a bag but using the trolley really slowed me down.
Work your paid hours, its not rocket science.
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
Lincox wrote:With all due respect, working your paid hours pulling/pushing a trolley around five days a week does not resolve the problem of fatigue and future musculoskeletal problems.hantsman wrote:billy44 wrote:Used one of the big trollies today and have to say I hated it.
Normally use a bag but using the trolley really slowed me down.
Work your paid hours, its not rocket science.
So is it bag on your shoulder then?
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
No, what it should be/should have been is/was a properly conducted investigation into a delivery system that replaced the current set of cycles, produced a comparative or better reduction in stress on the whole of the musculoskeletor frame, provided the ability to carry more parcels/packets whilst retaining a maximum 3.5 hour delivery timespan.hantsman wrote:Lincox wrote:With all due respect, working your paid hours pulling/pushing a trolley around five days a week does not resolve the problem of fatigue and future musculoskeletal problems.hantsman wrote:billy44 wrote:Used one of the big trollies today and have to say I hated it.
Normally use a bag but using the trolley really slowed me down.
Work your paid hours, its not rocket science.
So is it bag on your shoulder then?
The system is out there but Royal Mail and CWU chose a system that has increased delivery span, created more stresses on the body, is expensive, is a bigger danger to the membership and the public, and has created a deteriorating service.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16726
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Re: Trollies (Again)
The increase in the delivery span has more to do with the introduction of automation and little to do with the introduction of new delivery methods.Lincox wrote: whilst retaining a maximum 3.5 hour delivery timespan.
The system is out there but Royal Mail and CWU chose a system that has increased delivery span, created more stresses on the body, is expensive, is a bigger danger to the membership and the public, and has created a deteriorating service.
We could stick to a 3hr 30 delivery span by abandoning any notion of saving full time employment.
And let's not forget that very few of us ever used cycles.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Lincox
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 3485
- Joined: 09 Jan 2008, 18:07
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
Then we have to ask the question, is full time work more preferable at the expense of physical problems which in the long term may prevent our members being able to work at all.
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
That's a fair question. Problem is that the CWU made clear it's opposition to an increase in part-time jobs a long time ago. I suspect it has it's own reasons not necessarily linked to the well being of it's members.Lincox wrote:Then we have to ask the question, is full time work more preferable at the expense of physical problems which in the long term may prevent our members being able to work at all.
-
billy44
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 01 Nov 2013, 09:12
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
Was on overtime and call me old fashioned but I like to deliver all my mail that's given to me,not like I am not getting paid for it.hantsman wrote:billy44 wrote:Used one of the big trollies today and have to say I hated it.
Normally use a bag but using the trolley really slowed me down.
Work your paid hours, its not rocket science.
-
hantsman
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 876
- Joined: 14 Jul 2009, 09:33
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
Brain Fury wrote:That's a fair question. Problem is that the CWU made clear it's opposition to an increase in part-time jobs a long time ago. I suspect it has it's own reasons not necessarily linked to the well being of it's members.Lincox wrote:Then we have to ask the question, is full time work more preferable at the expense of physical problems which in the long term may prevent our members being able to work at all.
billy44 wrote:Was on overtime and call me old fashioned but I like to deliver all my mail that's given to me,not like I am not getting paid for it.hantsman wrote:billy44 wrote:Used one of the big trollies today and have to say I hated it.
Normally use a bag but using the trolley really slowed me down.
Work your paid hours, its not rocket science.
RM must love you.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72767
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Re: Trollies (Again)
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
daveyeff
- Posts: 4699
- Joined: 12 Mar 2010, 19:38
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
why would ANY union want an increase in part time jobs.? increase in full time maybe. as for the physical side of the job, all delivery spans SHOULD be the same length regardless if you are part time/ full time.Brain Fury wrote:That's a fair question. Problem is that the CWU made clear it's opposition to an increase in part-time jobs a long time ago. I suspect it has it's own reasons not necessarily linked to the well being of it's members.Lincox wrote:Then we have to ask the question, is full time work more preferable at the expense of physical problems which in the long term may prevent our members being able to work at all.
-
Brain Fury
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 664
- Joined: 07 Apr 2011, 18:03
- Gender: Male
Re: Trollies (Again)
Automation will continue to reduce the amount of preparation work so the job is going to be increasingly about delivery. A full time job on delivery will predominantly be delivery so your idea about delivery spans is unworkable.daveyeff wrote:why would ANY union want an increase in part time jobs.? increase in full time maybe. as for the physical side of the job, all delivery spans SHOULD be the same length regardless if you are part time/ full time.Brain Fury wrote:That's a fair question. Problem is that the CWU made clear it's opposition to an increase in part-time jobs a long time ago. I suspect it has it's own reasons not necessarily linked to the well being of it's members.Lincox wrote:Then we have to ask the question, is full time work more preferable at the expense of physical problems which in the long term may prevent our members being able to work at all.