ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

First day I'm office. Nightmare

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
BernardBresslaw
Posts: 381
Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
Gender: Male

Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare

Post by BernardBresslaw »

It will soon be summer! Chin up!
El-Bandito
Posts: 313
Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
Gender: Male

Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare

Post by El-Bandito »

spiderj wrote:Turn your brain off for the first couple of months and you will be cool :nana
Why only months? :crazy:
But then again you don't want to turn into a dom.
johnnyp
Posts: 5239
Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
Gender: Male
Location: SE ENGLAND

Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare

Post by johnnyp »

Si9975 wrote:Hello, I had my induction yesterday so my first day today. Walked in to be greeted by the manger got shown where toilets and rest room was then got took to the yard where immediately went out on delivery with another person. This bloke showed me the Dailey inins when out on deliverys. When we got back to the office drenched through to the bone due to this awful weather he basically just told me to go home. But I hadn't seen the manger or anything. The only interaction was the two mins in the morning.

So I am quite worried about tomorow ? I.e where do I go etc as I've had no high viz or I.d so should I just go back to reception tomorow or should I go through staff enterence and try to find the manger first thing?

Thank
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=44371" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is what should be happening with you
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3231
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare

Post by Acca Dacca »

It is normal not to see your manager when you are finished delivery. Once you have done the job you just leave. Dont need to seek him out.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
Timelord
Posts: 143
Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
Gender: Female
Location: Gallifrey

Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare

Post by Timelord »

Our manager has usually gone when I get back, but it is daunting when you are new, you don't know what to expect. When I started we got three days with someone showing us the ropes but those days seem to be long gone.
Best of luck si
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'

A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare

Post by spiderj »

El-Bandito wrote:
spiderj wrote:Turn your brain off for the first couple of months and you will be cool :nana
Why only months? :crazy:
But then again you don't want to turn into a dom.

Nooooooooooo lol :nana
I won