ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
First day I'm office. Nightmare
-
BernardBresslaw
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 24 Nov 2011, 15:52
- Gender: Male
Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare
It will soon be summer! Chin up!
-
El-Bandito
- Posts: 313
- Joined: 27 Jan 2009, 14:14
- Gender: Male
Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare
Why only months?spiderj wrote:Turn your brain off for the first couple of months and you will be cool
But then again you don't want to turn into a dom.
-
johnnyp
- Posts: 5239
- Joined: 27 Jan 2007, 16:00
- Gender: Male
- Location: SE ENGLAND
Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 36&t=44371" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Si9975 wrote:Hello, I had my induction yesterday so my first day today. Walked in to be greeted by the manger got shown where toilets and rest room was then got took to the yard where immediately went out on delivery with another person. This bloke showed me the Dailey inins when out on deliverys. When we got back to the office drenched through to the bone due to this awful weather he basically just told me to go home. But I hadn't seen the manger or anything. The only interaction was the two mins in the morning.
So I am quite worried about tomorow ? I.e where do I go etc as I've had no high viz or I.d so should I just go back to reception tomorow or should I go through staff enterence and try to find the manger first thing?
Thank
This is what should be happening with you
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3231
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare
It is normal not to see your manager when you are finished delivery. Once you have done the job you just leave. Dont need to seek him out.
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
Timelord
- Posts: 143
- Joined: 28 Aug 2008, 17:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: Gallifrey
Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare
Our manager has usually gone when I get back, but it is daunting when you are new, you don't know what to expect. When I started we got three days with someone showing us the ropes but those days seem to be long gone.
Best of luck si
Best of luck si
'I tolerate this century but I don't enjoy it'
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
The Doctor in 'An Unearthly Child'
A species set on endless growth is.... UNSUSTAINABLE
-
spiderj
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 969
- Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
- Gender: Male
- Location: ctp
Re: First day I'm office. Nightmare
El-Bandito wrote:Why only months?spiderj wrote:Turn your brain off for the first couple of months and you will be cool![]()
But then again you don't want to turn into a dom.
Nooooooooooo lol
I won