ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

manager strikes

Latest Royal Mail and CWU news.This is an open forum.
mojothefishmo
Posts: 132
Joined: 20 Oct 2009, 19:15
Gender: Male

manager strikes

Post by mojothefishmo »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... allot.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Budfrog
Posts: 893
Joined: 11 Sep 2007, 02:19

Re: manager strikes

Post by Budfrog »

RM have used the threat of compulsory redundancy to encourage non-operational managers to take VR for some time now ... it is basically blackmail. Whilst they are willing to carry surplus staff in other parts of the business support managers are perceived as expendable and their union weak. At the same time as managers walk out the door on VR graduates walks in, often taking up positions in the same departments.
spiderj
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 969
Joined: 12 Apr 2013, 07:54
Gender: Male
Location: ctp

Re: manager strikes

Post by spiderj »

Wondered why the rise in grumpyness
I won
mailmonkey
Posts: 431
Joined: 11 Feb 2009, 22:12
Gender: Male

Re: manager strikes

Post by mailmonkey »

Budfrog wrote: At the same time as managers walk out the door on VR graduates walks in, often taking up positions in the same departments.
for less money I presume?
labbloke
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 282
Joined: 03 Sep 2009, 05:11
Gender: Male

Re: manager strikes

Post by labbloke »

Lol read the date 2004
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72738
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Re: manager strikes

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

labbloke wrote:Lol read the date 2004

Daily Mail losing readers and trying to up their hit count :left: . This story among others keeps popping up and its down to the way the Mail use cookies and dates I think.

http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... 18&t=56782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
NWpostie
Posts: 3620
Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
Gender: Male
Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9

Re: manager strikes

Post by NWpostie »

i have noticed quite a few Managers have been leaving on VR and I was asked to become a manager, I declined as I could see where its going and not somewhere nice. I much prefer to take my money with the least grief :Very Happy
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.